Mary--Perpetual Virgin?

by sinamongurl 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Narkissos
  • greendawn
    greendawn

Those lost books are otherwise known as the non canonical books that can't be relied on as historically accurate. I didn't know there were virginal girls/women associated with the Jewish temple that kept up their purity. I thought that was a pagan custom.

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

greendawn,

weren't the women associated with the jewish temple prostitutes? maybe the "temple virgin" story was what they told the folks back home, when asked what they were doing in new york jerusalem.

j2s

• jschwehm
    jschwehm
    weren't the women associated with the jewish temple prostitutes?

No, they were not (no matter what Dan Brown says).

What made the Jewish religion so different from their neighbors was that there were no temple prostitutes. However, virgins who worked at the Jewish Temple did exist back in the day.

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

jesus was born in a cave and later when everyone was called to their birthplace...joseph, mary, and family all went to bethlehem...with no room in the inn they were in the stables but jesus was already born by then and quite possibly no longer an infant

What utter nonsense!

blessedstar

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

The bible contains the truth of Jesus' birth.

Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, of the tribe of Judah, who was betrothed to Joseph, the descendant and heir of the house of David.

The angel Gabriel announced to Mary that the power of the Highest should overshadow her, and that she should bear a son who should rule over the house of Jacob forever.

Joseph the carpenter and his wife Mary went on a journey. When they arrived at Bethlehem in the evening, Joseph wanted to find a comfortable place for his wife Mary who needed to rest and who was awaiting the birth of her promised Son. The only place they found was a stable with camels, donkeys and sheep. There Jesus was born.

birth of Jesus Christ picture

blessedstar

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    What made the Jewish religion so different from their neighbors was that there were no temple prostitutes.

Welle, there were, but 6 centuries before (prior to Josiah's reform).

• ballistic
    ballistic

This threads been hanging around a couple of days now and every time I read 'Mary' in the title I think it's a thread about 'our' Mary.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The bible contains the truth of Jesus' birth.

Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, of the tribe of Judah, who was betrothed to Joseph, the descendant and heir of the house of David.

The angel Gabriel announced to Mary that the power of the Highest should overshadow her, and that she should bear a son who should rule over the house of Jacob forever.

Joseph the carpenter and his wife Mary went on a journey. When they arrived at Bethlehem in the evening, Joseph wanted to find a comfortable place for his wife Mary who needed to rest and who was awaiting the birth of her promised Son. The only place they found was a stable with camels, donkeys and sheep. There Jesus was born.

That happened on Christmas, right? Or was it Xmas?

I keep forgetting...

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit