Has the Kingdom Interlinear Translation been pulled off the shelves

by homme perdu 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• homme perdu
    homme perdu

I was searching for it at the hall's library and i didnt find a copy. I also asked the literature department for a copy and they said they werent familiar with the bible. What is going on?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

It wouldn't surprise me, however, I think it more likely that you have an ignorant literature servant on your hands. I would follow that one up the chain of command.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Maybe because it was proving too much of an embarrassment to them? Some have discovered that there are glaring inconsistencies in the translation from the Greek to the English translation. e.g. "synanamignysthai" which is used by them in 1 Corinthians 5:11 to support disfellowshipping, yet is translated as supporting their marking procedure in 2 Thessalonians 3:14. The R&F were discovering this and then there was the misuse of the word "naos" in Revelation 7 which they were forced to publicly defend. Or it could be that they were "found out" telling absolute lies in the KIT Appendix on page 1156 where the illustration of the crux simplex as illustrated by Justus Lipsius was shown, yet ignored his other illusrtrations which argued against a crux simplex. Etc etc, Yep, too much of an embarrassment!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Has the Kingdom Interlinear Translation been pulled off the shelves?

Not off my shelves - it is a powerful tool to show how desperate Mr Franz was to contrive doctrine.

Many have swallowed it hook line and sinker too. I did. And now I use the same poison [sans rose colored glasses], to heal my thinking.

Jeff

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sometimes it gets pulled off the shelves, but mostly I find that Witnesses hardly refer to it at all...

• blondie
    blondie

It's there on the shelf if they ever had it in the library. If the congregation is fairly new, they might not have it since it has gone out of print. Congregations rely on receiving libraries from JWs that have died. Otherwise the school overseer is supposed to that that current publications are added as they are released, e.g., bound volumes, KMs, new publications from the conventions, yearbooks. Some are very lax. Other times, some of the rank and file may "borrow" a book without permission and never bring it back.

I heard once that the WTS had the book The Way to Paradise pulled from the KH and personal libraries and burned. Wasn't I surprised to find it in the library of my JW relatives. I asked them if they ever heard that and looked at me like I suggested the Devil had come to dinner.

So no book purgings that I know of. But I can see why they let it go out of print.

Blondie

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Blondie,

Do you know when it got out of print?

The copy I have is dated 1985, after the early 80's purge (surprisingly enough). I don't think it was translated in any language other than English.

To me it is definitely the best tool the WT has ever produced to promote "apostasy".

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Sometimes it gets pulled off the shelves, but mostly I find that Witnesses hardly refer to it at all...

Maybe they don't refer to the KIT itself, SBF. But they are certainly still decieved by it's progeny the NWT. The KIT, IMHO, was just a 'scholarly looking' pub, designed to make the average witness think their Bible doctrine holds water. Other than myself, I never saw another witness ever look at the book. I just wish I had known what to look at a few years sooner. Jeff

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There is one smart-ass in our congregation who used to bring it to the Tuesday group when we studied the Greatest Man book. He thought he was so clever because he could follow along in the Greek when referred to the gospels. (not that he can read Greek or anything)

He looked stupid when the conductor made us look up the Hebrew prophecies about Jesus and he had no proper Bible to consult.

Slim

• Forscher
    Forscher

I have copies of both the first edition and the revised one which came out about 1985 or so. I was probably the only one in any of the congregations I was in who actually put it to any use. Before I faded it was not pulled off the congregation library shelves. I don't recall it being out of print as of when I faded, though anything is possible.
    With the changeover recently to burst binding in just about all the literature they may not have gotten around to producing a new edition of the KI with that binding yet. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Froscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit