Empty Nest This Week

by Synergy 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Synergy
    Synergy

Well, only half. My eight year old went to camp today for a week. My son is still here with me but I'm not handling it as well as I thought. I actually cried at bedtime when there was someone missing in the house. Any other moms get that? Why am I being so mushy about it? I'm not a real mushy person and I have split custody so it's not like she's with me every second anyway. I don't know if I can last a week. Any pointers from veteran mommies?

• Mulan
    Mulan

I always loved the freedom when my kids were gone to camp or visiting their cousins. I could go anywhere and do anything I wanted without having to come home in time for a child. It was great.

But I am a person who actually enjoys alone time. I realize not everyone is like that.

Go to movies, buy some new makeup, get your nails done, get a pedicure. Your time is your own..............just for a week.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Uh, get rid of the other kid for a day and enjoy 24 hours all by yourself, not having to tend to anyone? Seriously, I always enjoyed the first day sans kiddo, but after that I was lost. Use the time to do things your son enjoys. And try to find some time for yourself.

• Broken Hearted
    Broken Hearted
    I have split custody so it's not like she's with me every second anyway

I have dual custody with my ex, I have the children for one week, then he gets them for the next. When him and I first seperated he would only let me have them every other weekend, that was 4 years and 4 months ago and to this day I still cry every other week when kids go to their dads, yes I know I need the break some days but that may be for an hour or two then I am back missing the fighting, messing up the house. I just think that some moms are just that bonded to their children, while others take another view of it being a much needed break. Neither is wrong in the way they feel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit