"Directing" vs. "Allowing" ...

by Farkel 18 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

"Sit in the chair next to him and channel surf!" lol

Good to have your sense of humor back on board.

The way Jw's paint demons, you would think they are more ignorant than the 'lower' human creatures, they are supposed to be controling.

Danny

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Farkel,

Great post! I know this demon crap all to well. My mother was notorious for blaming EVERYTHING on the demons. If I had nightmares, it was demons. If we heard strange sounds in the house at night, it was demons. If something happened before the meeting started that prevented us from going, yep, you guessed it, DEMONS! Busy critters aren't they?? I think that if you believe in demons enough, you can actually make weird things happen! I think it happened to us once or twice. Guess they figured they might as well make it good and give my mom something to talk about! HA HA!!

Thanks!!

P.S.........BOO!

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

>Here's another case in point that Gedanken told me yesterday over coffee: the society has published a number of experiences where people were being bothered with "demons" until they started studying and became dubs. HOW STUPID ARE THESE DEMONS, ANYWAY? Why did these idiotic demons do stuff to drive people INTO the Watchtower religion? I've never heard any examples of anyone being driven OUT of the Watchtower religion because of demons, and then have the demon attacks go away right after they left? One would think that if demons were so interested in the dub religion that there would be countless examples told of suchs experiences. After all, demons want to get dubs OUT of "Jehovah's Organization," don't they? Then, why are they working so hard to get people INTO that organization based upon the experiences I've seen?

It's stuff to think about, eh?

Farkel

After seeing the effects that "jehoober's organisation" has on people, isn't it obvious that the demons want this very thing? ;-)
    Rex

• Farkel
    Farkel

bendrr,

: Demons must be the best houseguests you could have. The don't raid the fridge, don't bother the kids or pets, no phone bills, you can watch what you want on tv, and I've never had one drink my last beer. They seem to be pretty quiet and I've never noticed them using the lights or the water or heard a complaint about it being too hot or too cold.

Ah, but dear bendrr, you forgot THE most important thing about demons of all! This includes the demon of all the demons, Satan de Diablo Hisself! NO DEMON, INCLUDING DE DIABLO HIMSELF HAS EVER PERSONALLY KILLED ANYONE! Yep! Fact. I defy any Bible-believer to show evidence where a demon actually snuffed out a life, as in KILLED someone. That includes our ol' buddy, the "Father of the Lie" (MY father, according to Shelby, btw.)

Now, how does Jehovah-of-the-Bible measure up in the killing department by comparison with all the demons in existence, including Satan himself? Ummm....well, let's see: He doomed billions to misery, sickness, famine, pestilence and death over an episode with a single piece of fruit; He killed the ENTIRE planet once (save for 8); he killed ALL the firstborn of Egypt simply because their Pharoah was your basic Dipfuck; he killed hundreds of thousands of men, women and children who just happened to occupy real estate in a shit-hole part of the earth like the Middle East that the Hebrews wanted; he commanded cannibalism and it was so; he commanded smashing babies skulls against the wall and it was so, and for his final act, he is about to PERSONALLY orchestrate the biggest slaughter ever: 6,000,000,000 people.

That being so, I'm beginning to like Demons, actually.

larc,

: Now, it is one thing to posit the concept of demons I suppose, but where did all these specifics come from? I have several questions. Why does a demon have to reside anywhere? Can't it move about as it pleases? If someone bought a brand new clean, fresh couch, why would the demon choose to stay in the old smelly one? If a couch was burned, why would the demon go away?

That's easy larc: Demons are bad housekeepers with bad hygiene. It's in their genes, or something. Or maybe God gave them bad hygiene as a punishment. Demons also have bad breath. I've read about their bad breath. Having bad breath is an incredible accomplishment since they don't have mouths, teeth, throats or even lungs. But they DO have bad breath. "Trust in Jehovah," larc. You must be losing it not to see that you are "running ahead" and speculating.

vitameatavegamin,

: My mother was notorious for blaming EVERYTHING on the demons. If I had nightmares, it was demons. If we heard strange sounds in the house at night, it was demons.

That ain't NOTHIN'! My atheist uncle (my mom's brother) gave me a metronome so I could practice my music with a tempo in the back ground. After I emancipated myself, my mother called me up (I lived 900 miles away from her by then) and asked me how I felt. I said, "fine, mom." She said, "No, you don't SOUND fine. Your problem is that metronome your Uncle gave you. It is demonized. Destroy it." I didn't destroy it, so I am doomed to be demonized forever and ever and ever. I wonder why demons like metronomes, anyway.

rex,

: After seeing the effects that "jehoober's organisation" has on people, isn't it obvious that the demons want this very thing? ;-)

You obviously know I could have mentioned that, rex! I wanted to give that thunder to someone else, and you were first in line to get it! For true believers in the Bible, there is more evidence that demons are LOOKING for MORE JW converts than there is that they are trying to created EX-JWS!

Now, if the Bible is true, and the evidence about demons is true, how could that possibly be?

Farkel

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    All blame simply has to rest upon Jehovah, because in the twisted world of dubland, when dub leaders screw up (no matter how many people are adversely affected) it is because Jehovah "allows" them to screw up in order to test the "loyalty" of the screwees.

Farkel,
    They are on the public record as putting the blame on Jehovah. Notice this:

"They (self-willed ones) do not recognize that the Lord is directing his work, that the Lord Jesus at the temple has his own good way of doing things, and that he transmits to his anointed ones the necessary information, and if the instructions sent out are wrong, then the responsibility is to the Lord and not to the local service committee". (The Watchtower, May 15, 1937, page 153, paragraph 31)

Lurking ones here need especially to be aware that this blasphemy HAS NEVER BEEN RESCINDED, nor has an apology been made.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• larc
    larc

Brother Farkel,

Your counsel to me has been truely up building. I promise never to run ahead of the Organization ever, ever, again.
    What you have said to me makes so much sense. After all, if the demons have bad breath, then they would naturally want to live in a smelly couch where their bad breath would, well, kind of blend in.

I think I am going over to Witness On Line and explain this to them. I know it would make them happy.

• Farkel
    Farkel

larc,

: I think I am going over to Witness On Line and explain this to them. I know it would make them happy.

Be sure to donate your brain to science first, larc. You won't have any need for it over there!

Farkel

• larc
    larc

to the top for tattoogirl

• Englishman
    Englishman

Here's another case in point that Gedanken told me yesterday over coffee

Gedanken is still around then?

Englishman

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit