Invite

by BritBoy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

We had popped through our letterbox today the following: "You are cordially invited to attend the Deliverance at hand district convention of JW's" at the National Ice Arena Nottingham, UK.

Now let me tell you, it is the tackiest flimsiest invite I ever did see. The paper is so thin it's almost tissue paper. The cover has three black & white pictures along the top which includes a picture of a rather healthy looking woman holding a child with the heading under it reading "Poverty". Now I am not being funny or just TRYING to be sarcastic, but really it was ridiculously silly. The next is of what I assume is a doctor standing over a patient with "epidemic" under it. Then 2 firefighters next to some rubble with the heading "Disaster" beneath it. ALL three pictures look as if they were taken in the 50's or 60's. The helmets on the firemen look silly... almost like Roman helmets.

There is then a big blue arrow pointing down to the traditional WTS paradise earth pic complete with smiling black family wearing tatty cardigans and pushing a wheelbarrow overflowing with fruit, a white family opposite picking flowers AND WAIT FOR IT............ WAIT......... WAAAAIIIIIT.... a little girl in the background stroking a lion who is drinking from a pond with COWS grazing in the background.

Riddle me this Batman. HOW THE HELL DID I buy into this SHIT for so long? I mean it is the lamest looking tract I have ever seen. Honestly more lame than the card I was handed by some religious nut on the High Street the other day.

Brit

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Sorry. Ignore this post! Just seen the other thread complete with scanned image!

Interesting that it's the same one used in the UK!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Riddle me this Batman. HOW THE HELL DID I buy into this SHIT for so long?

Me too Batman, me too.

It all seemed so beleivable at the time....

• BritBoy
    BritBoy
    Me too Batman, me too.

It all seemed so beleivable at the time....

Katie,

WHY? Why did we buy into it?

I was born into it, maybe that's why... but I mean, I reached adulthood and STILL believed it all....

• south african beef
    south african beef

I agree with you Brit Boy and Katie - how gullible were we?

I too was born into it and I firmly believed it all for too many years.

What about when we had to deliver 100 or so tracts each to every house in our territory?

I remember doing that back in the '70s and my mum saying that this could be the final chance people have to choose to be on gods side!

Oh yeah, it's funny now but it wasn't then.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    but I mean, I reached adulthood and STILL believed it all....

I know. Even when I left aged 30, I still believed it, I just thought "I cant do it anymore, I want a SHAG..."

But I still beleived it.

I put it down to a genuine spirit, batboy. We we honest hearted, and wanted to do what was right.

Not any more though... anyone fancy a bit of slap and tickle....

• BritBoy
    BritBoy
    I just thought "I cant do it anymore, I want a SHAG..."

HOWLING WITH LAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

loved this post...thanks britboy

lisa

• south african beef
    south african beef

A bit of slap and tickle eh KatieKitten?

I'd better not because it was enjoying a bit of that with someone I shouldn't have that got the attention of the elders in the first place!

I'm married to her now and have never ever been happier.

What a sad life we led as Witto's even though as you said it was all for genuine reasons.

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Glad you enjoyed it Lisa!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit