TRUE STORY--I Met F.W. Franz

by under_believer 27 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

Yeah I'm sure that the first thing Fred did when he got to heaven was look up "that little shit that knocked me on my ass in Portland." I'm definitely high on the "opening a gigantic gaping crack under" list.

I can just imagine a guy who's spent almost a century in New York visiting Multnomah Falls. It really would look like God's Country to him.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

A kid, being a kid, accidentally knocks a bloke on his arse - Big Whoop! You guys are acting like something significant happened here.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    In the mid-to-late 80's, F.W. Franz paid a visit to the Portland, OR area. He would have been in his late 80's or early 90's. It was one of those totally unscheduled, huge event, carnival atmosphere kind of deals where he just got a wild hair and came out to the West Coast (though I'm sure there is more to the story than that.) I was a preteen. My father was an elder and my mother a long-time pioneer. The event was run invitation only, so it was pretty exclusive, but even so the Woodburn, OR Assembly Hall was totally packed out standing room only.

Can anyone say, "creature worship"?

• Farkel
    Farkel

: The event was run invitation only, so it was pretty exclusive

Such is the case with little emperors who claim to speak for God and don't (they lie).

: His head was attended only by a few wispy hairs and mottled with liver spots. In short, he was not long for this world.

He died in 1992, only a few years later. Virtually ALL of his predictions have died, too. Some before he did, and the rest after he did. Every one of his books have been discarded in the WTS trash heap where they belonged in the first place.

: I have never felt so guilty about anything else in my entire life, including many indiscretions as an adult. I still feel guilty about it to this day. What kind of kid knocks over a 90 year old man? Of course it was an accident, but I should have been paying more attention.

Don't. He was responsible for more damage to dubs than any other leader in WTS history. That includes JFR who screwed up far fewer victims due to the fact that he had far fewer followers than FWF. You should have strangled him when he was down and done the dub community a favor.

Fuck Freddy. He was a little, dangerous man who thought he was a demi-god, and said so. I know. His rantings ruined my first marriage, and then he retracted his rantings. But it was too late for my marriage. Fuck Freddy.

Farkel

• Mary
    Mary

I... me... under_believer on this forum... "met" F.W. Franz by knocking him on his ass while playing tag.

You mean a bolt of lightening hasn't struck you dead yet? Geeze......what's Freddie doing up there?

Just to make you feel better, I nearly spilled a cup of coffee on Bill Gates a few months ago. Without going in to too much detail, there was a photo shoot and a small private reception before his public lecture, with coffee and fruit and croissants, etc. My boss was quite involved with the whole set up of his arrival and so he asked me if I wanted to come to the reception and I said "sure". I quickly found out that security for the richest man in the world is slightly different than the half assed security we have (which consists of tired old night watchmen armed with plastic knives from Kentucky Fried Chicken). The entire building was secured and guys (from Bills Gates security) in 3-piece suits with holsters were everywhere. Anyway, I'm standing there with a delicious cup of coffee talking to someone. When they annouced that the lecture would begin in about 15 minutes, I thought I'd better find my seat and I quickly turned around. My coffee splashed out of the cup as I turned. And who was standing right behind me? That's right, Bill Gate. The coffee came within a hair's breath of landing on him.

Only I could be so unfortunate as to (nearly) spill a cup of coffee on the richest man in the world, just before he's about to give a public lecture......and given my normal run of luck, I'm amazed I didn't.......

And don't worry too much about what Freddie's thinkin.....I'm sure Satan's keepin' his bony ass too busy stroking the fires of Hell for him to worry about you knockin' him on his ass years ago.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>I'm definitely high on the "opening a gigantic gaping crack under" list.

LOL! Beautiful story, man. You mustn't feel guilty though. Put yourself in an old man's shoes. Sure, your poor old body just got whacked, but when was the last time you felt that alive? He probably deighted in telling that story a thousand times, way more than enough to make up for it.

No sweat, and thanks for sharing!

Dave

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I'm sure Satan's keepin' his bony ass too busy stroking the fires of Hell for him to worry about you ...

If there's any justice, that's exactly what's happening now.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Fuck Freddy. He was a little, dangerous man who thought he was a demi-god, and said so. I know. His rantings ruined my first marriage, and then he retracted his rantings. But it was too late for my marriage. Fuck Freddy.

Farkel

OK Farkel...I may be trying to read between the lines here but I seem to sense that you didn't like freddy...

ME TOO PLEASE !!!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Well Underbeliever, it's really a good thing you are no longer a witness. You know you were never going to make it through Armageddon anyway, with Freddy up there judging you. You were just wasting your time all those years!

Cog

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

You shouldn't have been running around unbridled, at such a special occasion ya little bastard. Where is your mother and father?

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit