peak oil?

by PrimateDave 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

I'm not so sure there is an axe to grind here. JW understanding of the creation of the Earth as told in Genesis chapter 1 allows for the Earth, and plant life, to be billions of years old. At one time, some in the org believed the creative days mentioned in Genesis were limited to 6000 years, however now the creative 'days' can mean something closer to an 'age'.

At one time, some in the org believed the creative days mentioned in Genesis were limited to 6000 years,

Some in the org...BULLSHIT... that is what the official teaching was. Everytime they get their nuts in a vice they pretend they never said it and unknown people did this. They try to reinvent their history every day. It's too late WTBTS... the info is all out there for anyone who wants to investigate. Lurkers...Please do....

There may be an axe to grind among certain Watchtower writers, but the old earth doctrine prevents them from making it official.

They made it official... Long time ago...You must just be too young to remember back that far...

• juni
    juni
    but what I remember they taught was that each creative day was 7000 years (7 x 7=49) and we are now in the last creative day.The hipe surrounding 1975 was that we were already 6000 years into the last creative day and as freddy franz put it so well how "appropriate" if the last 1000 years of the LAST creative day were the 1000 years of christs rule.

That's right poztate. I remember very well even w/my aged brain cells. Each creative day was 7000 yrs. long. That was the LIGHT SHINING VERY BRIGHTLY.

Juni bug (who arose from the amber)

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

Peak oil is just another "the sky is falling" myth. His numbers worked out for the US but only because exploration off the West and East Coasts and in the Eastern Gulf was stopped. Oil availability is based on simple economics, if the price is high enough, there's more oil. Actual recovery typically runs anywhere from 30 - 45% so there's still a lot of hydrocarbon left in supposedly used up fields. Then there's the whole subject of abiogenic hydrocarbons which is becoming very interesting, some intriguing events lately.

• juni
    juni

HUH??????????????????

• Poztate
    Poztate
    That's right poztate. I remember very well even w/my aged brain cells. Each creative day was 7000 yrs. long. That was the LIGHT SHINING VERY BRIGHTLY.

Juni bug (who arose from the amber)

Love you Juni...Now I know I am not that senile....

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

You guys better hope we are not past population carrying capacity because we are going to have between 3 and 6 more BILLION human mouths on the planet by 2050.

NINE FARKING BILLION and that is the best estimate which includes drastic measures that noone is attempting to implement.

Of course we're all going to die well before then when the ocean conveyer heat pump stops functioning.

• heathen
    heathen

I know I read the creation book so now they do believe that a creation day is an undeterminable length of years . They don't discuss the "old light". I found some interesting stuff on uneplained mysteries site about how scientists are discovering parts of the earths crust that are recycling itself . I think that may eventually lead to some new theories on oil. They do know that they can make oil out of plant life very easily so we don't have to wait millions of years . Hemp oil is one of the cleanest burning fuels in the world .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit