Do you have to be "gullible" in order to be a good JW?

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2
    Terry said: JW's destroy the foundation on which people's lives have been erroneously built (false belief systems). They substitute another false system in its place.

That actually makes me feel a little better.

• Keepitsane
    Keepitsane

I don't know about gullible. I was raised as a witness so although I had doubts at the back of my mind for some time, I didn't really want to rock the boat.

After all, dwelling on the doubts meant the possibility of loosing my family and friends.

So, I busied myself with being the best Witness I could beacause, you know, chicks dig ministerial servants! I'm kidding by the way (kinda) but I do think if I analyse the me then and I'm honest about it my motivation for being a good Witness was more for praise from other witnesses and to be considered a good and spiritual person.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes. Being Vulnerable made me gullible. That way, I was able to believe everything, thus being "a good study".

• stealyourface
    stealyourface
    Did you know gullible is not in the dictionary?

Actually, it is in Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, 1976 ed. pg. 511. I've been gulled too many times not to peek.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

And, "gullible" isn't always a bad thing... I think it means you're trusting of others, that they mean well and that most people are good. It means believing the best of others, seeing the glass as half full, having a big heart and not always being suspicious. So basically, gullible people are often very big hearted people who become taken advantage of by those who play upon their warmth and generosity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit