360 Furman now a luxury condo bldg (Get out Bethelites so we can sell!)

by mjarka911 11 Replies latest jw friends

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

Google updates sent me this link:

http://www.curbed.com/archives/2006/06/07/development_du_jour_one_brooklyn_bridge_park.php

I would be really pissed if I spent years of my life working to improve this building for the "Truth" only to have it sold for a huge profit I never see and then be told to leave.

Matt the fireman

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.curbed.com/archives/2006/06/07/development_du_jour_one_brooklyn_bridge_park.php
    Development Du Jour: One Brooklyn Bridge Park
    Wednesday, June 07, 2006, by Lockhart

On Monday, we glimpsed new views of the Brooklyn Bridge Park courtesy of the new website of new development One Brooklyn Bridge Park. Today, let's take a peek at the development itself. Formerly known as 360 Furman when it was owned by Jehovah's Witnesses, the building changed hands for $200 million in summer 2004. What makes the development particularly interesting, besides its site smack in the middle of the forthcoming parkland, are the variety of units being offered: two-to-five bedroom duplex townhouses fronting the harbor; lofty apartment spaces; penthouses; oh, and...

... Garden Lofts, apartments featuring industralized terraces with views of Brooklyn and Manhattan. Pretty cool. No pricing or availability yet; we'd link you to the priority sign-up form on the 1BBP website, but they've buried it inside a typically clunky flash interface, so you'll have to dig for it yourself.

After the jump, spiffy interior renderings from the lofts and from a penthouse.

Top, a loft interior. Bottom, your penthouse, madam.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings mjarak911

It's interesting to see what happened to the Furman Street Bldg. ( Thanks for the pics Blondie). Years ago when it was newly acquired by Watchtower, a "friend" of mine went to help renovate the thing for free and "for Jehovah" of course. He went for a week. He told me his job was to, wheel concrete all around the place. He said it was 'back-breaking work'. The thing I never for got about his tenure there, was, that all those volunteers busting their butt(s) there for free, were made to walk back to their room, (which for some was blocks away), take a shower, put on a suit and tie to go eat lunch with the "holy one". After eating, they were to change back into their work clothes and walk back to the site. How crazy was that!

I should call him (he's still a dub), and ask him if he's heard about the sale of the Furman Bldg. All that effort, and Jehovah decides to sell it. Man! he's one mean god.

Dismembered

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

Hello dismembered, nice to meet you

Thanks Blondie for the posts. I can always count on a whip smart midwesterner for help.

• rassillon
    rassillon

The watchtower is now into flipping.

Their new show on TV will be called "Flip that Sky Scraper".

This is where they buy a rundown sky scraper, use volunteer help to refurbish it then sell it for a huge profit.

Donald Trump is quoted as saying "If I had thought if this when I started out I would own the whole world now!"

• lawrence
    lawrence

Thanks for the pictures Blondie. Only the best for the worldlings, lavish living while waiting for Armageddon. Where is Tammy and Jim when a con is going down? Swaggart didn't have the bravado that the JW lawyers have. May they all rot in their version of gehenna!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Lol rassillon on the new "reality" show. Too bad the WT won't be able to reap the profits, as Armageddon is due to be here within "hours".

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I was at bethel for 3 yrs and that is an exceptional transformation of that property.

• Soledad
    Soledad

What a nice hustle the Watchtower has going, huh?

But only they have The Truthâ„¢!! Don't forget!!

• JH
    JH

"Money" seems to be their God

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit