Try to make it to your meetings!

by moomanchu 32 Replies latest jw friends

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

While working isolated territory in Rwanda last year, a Witness met a man who was very happy to receive the Knowledge book and to have a Bible study. Right from the beginning, the man showed appreciation for the congregation meetings. (Heb. 10:24, 25) Though missing one leg from the knee down, he would cross a lake in a dugout canoe and walk four hours to get to the meeting place. He attended regularly, enrolled in the Theocratic Ministry School, and helped his children to learn about their Creator. How he rejoiced in the hope that soon he would be able to walk again with both legs!—Isa. 35:6.

Someone please define soon according to JW,s.

This guy has a miserable life ahead of him.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Though missing one leg from the knee down, he would cross a lake in a dugout canoe and walk four hours to get to the meeting place.

hop... hop... hop... hop...

• hideme
    hideme

Uhh...

Of the 19 publishers, 12 have to cross a wide river to attend the meetings each week.

always made me wonder: Why did the twelve have to cross that river anyway? Wy not have a 12-person meeting on their own side of the river? Who made them cross that river??? Brooklyn did!! Why is a meeting in a kingdom hall so important that you have to endanger your life?? Why not just meet? I don't understand.

I also remember the tsunami experience: Everyone that was doing fieldservice that morning (even tourists) were saved. No more "time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all" then!! It's all Jehovah's hand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit