Worst Day(s) of my Life

by Stephanus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

A slight exaggeration: the worst day was, and always will be the 14th of January, 1998

However, these last two days haven't been good. On Tuesday, unable to take the pain of a broken back tooth any longer, I rang my dentist's office to see if they could slot me in for an emergency extraction. The receptionist asked me "Has anyone told you you're a pain in the bum?"

When the dentist was looking in my mouth for the offending tooth with his little mirror thing, I knew he'd found it when he exclaimed "S***!" He gave me two needles, and after practically having to put his foot on my chest for leverage with the pliers, the tooth finally came out.

SInce then, the pain has varied from tolerable to excruciating; I'm subsisting on an alternating diet of Panadeine Forte (paracetamol and codeine) and Codis (aspirin and codeine). I woke up about an hour ago (3:27am) to an extreme stabbing pain; I took my Panadeine, but they're slow release, so they're only just kicking in now. That's why I'm up posting so early; I can't do anything else! Poor pitiful me...

• Kudra
    Kudra

I assume jan 14 1998 was your baptism date...?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I assume jan 14 1998 was your baptism date...?

No, much worse than that; I was never a Dub, anyway.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Sorry about the non-toothache. Sounds terribly painful and the receptionist seemed to add insult to injury.

I'm awfully curious about what happened in Jan 1998?? Care to share?

-Aude.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Dear Stephanus,

Sorry about your pain, but enjoy the ride!

Dismembered

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Stephanus

Can you get soluble painkillers - then you can rinse it round your mouth before swallowing it. I'm told that the gums are one of the quickest routes into the bloodstream so the painkiller will get to work sooner. I have tried it and it works.

Hope you feel better soon anyways.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Knowing from personal experience how painful tooth pain is I can readily sympathise with you. But I can't understand why the pain continues so much after tooth extraction. After I had painful wisdom teeth removed a couple of times there was only some tenderness afterwards the serious pain was gone.

I must say those dental people sound like crude peasants.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Sorry to hear you are in such pain, dental pain is horrible.

Did your dentist tell you to take Motrin, ibuprophen? not sure if I spelled that right...it is great. It helps with swelling better than aspirin and helps me better with toothaches, and pain better than aspirin. The dentist told me that the swelling is what makes the pain , if you can get the swelling down, it will stop pressing on the nerves and the pain will be eased.

I hope you find relief.

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

Hope you followed the post operative extraction instructions. No rinsing out of the mouth or it could cause a dry socket. If the pain continues much longer and it is a dry socket, you may have to go back in to get the extraction site packed with a special solution soaked gauze. Don't hesitate to do that if necessary. That's part of what you paid for when the tooth was extracted.

Hope you feel better soon!

• Kudra
    Kudra

Yup, that sounds terrible tooth pain is the worst.
    I grind my teeth and often get a terrible jaw/headache from it :(
    -K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit