AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I seem to have trouble copying and pasting from Word. I will try again:

Did Nimrod build the

• TheListener
    TheListener

Did Nimrod build the

• TheListener
    TheListener

can someone explain what might be happening to my post? I can't take the stress.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I never used this way but some people say that copying to note pad and then to the JWD helps with this problem.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Did Nimrod build the Tower of Babel, and was he evil?

Nimrod is mentioned in the Bible 3 times.
    Genesis 10:8 “And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. (9) He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD. (10) And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.

1 Chronicles 1:10 “And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be mighty upon the earth.”

Ezra 5:6 “And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof: thus shall he deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our borders.”

From Wikipedia: “Though not clearly stated in the Bible, Nimrod has since ancient times traditionally been interpreted to be the one who led the people to build the Tower of Babel. Since his kingdom included the towns in Shinar, it is believed likely that it was under his direction that the building began. This is the view adopted in the Targums and later texts such as the writings of Josephus. Some extra-biblical sources, however, assert to the contrary, that he left the district before the building of the tower.”

I know Nimrod's name in Hebrew means "Let's rebel". Is that enough of a reason to add to the Biblical text? Is there more reason to view Nimrod as inherently evil?

I've read and heard rabbis disagree over the nature of Nimrod.

What's your opinion?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Thank you Greendawn. I feel much better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit