Insane religious banter!

by free2beme 12 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

"He will kill the wicked" ... "Jesus is coming to bring down the unrighteous" ... "You shall know his wrath" .... "You will burn in hell!"

My father had a renter in one of his houses, who was a whacked out Christian. When she moved out, she wrote these kinds of things all over the walls and we had to repaint the entire house to get it cleaned up. This lady is not alone though, as it has been my experience that the most insane among us, often lean on the supernatural and way out teachings of Christianity, to feed their insanity. Making comments like I started with, or wearing T shirts with comments that go along these lines. I think the focus on the negative teachings of Christianity, can lead to a very unbalanced view of life. I think it shows all the more, how such negative thinking is not healthy in any dose and yet even more so in something as deep rooted as religion.

Has anyone else, experienced the extreme of religious followers, the insane!

• Gregor
    Gregor

Oh yeah.

You can't swing a cat in this room without hitting one.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

*cough* *cough* sh-*cough* shin-*cough* shining *gargle cough spit spit ack* shining one *cough*

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

How else do you make your time without the wacknut return visits? We needed them! We counted on them! Listen to them rant, comment on their garden, agree with something about Jesus, drop a Watchtower on their couch and say Kingdom and Jehovah in a sentence, back away and don't make eye contact and charge for the getaway car. Success! You won't have to see them for a month if you play it right! You might have to sit next to them at the memorial though....

• John Doe
    John Doe

Check out these nutjobs. These are the idiots who are going around protesting at soldiers' funerals.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Ooooohhhhh yesssss!

You mean like the person who condemns me for stocking translations of the Bible other than the Authorised King James (with the letter from the Reformers in the front or it's not a proper King James Bible!!).

And then they tell me I'm not saved because I wasn't baptised by full immersion

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    You mean like the ;person who condemns me for stocking translations of the Bible other than the Authorised King James (with the letter from the Reformers in the front or it's not a proper King James Bible!!).

I love showing King James only people the history of the Geneva Bible, and how that Bible was the official bible of the Puritans and English Reformers. I also point out that good King Jimmy liked his boys young.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Yeah, there is a former employee who calls me at work who says he is a born again Christian, and he thinks he's been implanted with a micro chip so the government can follow him around, and steal his money. The problem with him, is, that sometimes, he makes more sense than sane people, and THAT, is scary. (He must have heard me, because he just called, no kidding)

Warlock

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is very destructive and malicious and not according to the Christian Spirit, it's a cult like instinct driven mentality. It could only be justified if mankind had gone really wicked or at least for those of mankind that are really wicked and cause extensive suffering to their fellow humans.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Hey, if the King James Bible was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me!
    Actually had a born again workmate say something to that effect!
    S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit