How many themes are covered in the WT articles?

by Check_Your_Premises 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    Blondie (not you though, CYP)

Well what do you know.... the Watchtower from two weeks ago said I didn't have Jah's blessing, but I do have Blondies!

CYP

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Yeah the more I think about it, every article will utilize several themes. Carrot-Stick-Stick-Carrot-Stick

So maybe I should go back and read all the old WT. Ok, maybe not. I actually started reading them just to point out particularly egregious arguments.

CYP

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl
    ex., sex during menstruation causes cancer, etc.)

is that a true comment by the wts? LOL

• M.J.
    M.J.

I'll bet that all these themes can be classified under, say 5 main categories, each consisting of several sub-headings.

Doctrinal ones like "Jesus is not God" and "The Divine Name" can go under the subheading "We alone have the truth" which can go under the main category of "Pay exclusive trust and obedience to the slave"

If you categorize all these themes under a few core categories and sub-categories, it will be easy to chart them and identify patterns.

It would be fascinating to watch these historical patterns and how they match up with various events in WTS history as well as modern history.

• M.J.
    M.J.

When you think about it, the title of the WT study article isn't the "heart" of the theme that's being conveyed. The real heart is in the last 2-3 paragraphs of the article, when they wrap it all up into a conclusion.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

MJ,

Good point.

Mega themes? Does this pretty much cover it?

Fear

Guilt

Obey

Hope

Appeal and claim to divine authority

Criticism of all other authorities

• M.J.
    M.J.

I think you got it man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest