millions now living will never die?

by headmath 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• heathen
    heathen

Interesting as how this religion believes false teachings are satanic yet can get away with the lies they manufactured .

Nice job there leolaia . All they did was a quick little slight of hand in an attempt to make it look like they knew what they were talking about the whole time . This religion is 99 % smoke and mirrors that's for sure .

• meatloaf
    meatloaf
    I always found that line confusing, look at this:

1920 "Based upon the argument heretofore set forth, then, that the old order of things, the old world, is ending and is therefore passing away, and that the new order is coming in, and that 1925 shall mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old and the beginning of reconstruction, it is reasonable to conclude that millions of people now on the earth will be still on the earth in 1925. Then, based upon the promises set forth in the divine Word, we must reach the positive and indisputable conclusion that millions now living will never die." (Millions Now Living Will Never Die. 1920 p. 97

end quote

This is how the WTS viewed the world back then . A large part of the worlds people would survive armagedon. The million's referred to are evidently a group of persons other than the WTS and it's members. The WTS still had not identified the "great crowd" in 1925.and the WTS membership did not number in the millions.

Somewhere along the way the WTS doctrine changed and the only persons who would survive the armaggedon would be the great crowd (along with WTS)and all persons outside the WTS membership would be destroyed. So according to 1925 doctrine, persons other than the great crowd will survive arnaggedon. Believe!! It came directly from jehoover.!

This means that all the door to door work and kingdom service is pointless!

25 Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life; 26 and everyone that is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all. John 11:25

• greendawn
    greendawn

Rutherford shifted the jw emphasis from Christian character development to preaching the jw gospel. I wonder what the JWs would be like if the original emphasis wasn't changed.

Rutherford a ruthless self serving liar, is their real founder and they hardly believe anything that Russell taught as the truth. They are just happy to have inherited the corporation he had set up.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sixty years after the "Millions" campaigns - they were still using the same tactics.

These are the opening words to a 10-1-1983 Watchtower. As long as there are sheep to eat it, they keep 'feeding' them the same ole' shit.

Millions

Get Ready for Uninterrupted Life on Earth

FOR millions now alive it would be most timely to call to mind the words of Jesus Christ to Martha of Bethany: "I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life; and everyone that is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all." (John 11:25, 26) It is indeed thrilling for those millions who seek unending life in a righteous world to perceive that it is now that Jesus’ words apply when he said: "And everyone that is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all."

Jeff
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Greendawn said,

they hardly believe anything that Russell taught as the truth.

Yes. It has been said that Rutherford kept all of Russell's negative beliefs - NO soul, NO afterlife, NO hell, etc., and discarded all the positive beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit