where in the bible god choose the WT and the GB ?

by z 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• z
    z

Tomorrow I’m going to see my JW friend we all the time argue about the cult and must of the time he have no answer, and I think he is not too happy with the cult (he is MS) he is 41yr old and married no children (was virgin 28yr WTF). about two weeks ago he was called to the BACK ROOM why? Because he had some misunderstanding with ex Alder the claim he doesn’t have love for him lololol. So now he is a bit angered at the ALDERS he is not Pioneer (50hr per week) and his privilege was taking away (oh shit) next week at the convention he is not guarding the stage WTF I’m happy about it and I think it could open his eyes, he said he is going to quit MS (hallelujah) and going to be Publisher.

At time we argue about the Bible and if I ask him some question he can’t answer he will tell me I’ll get back to you and never does so here we go I asked him where in the Bible God choose the WT and GB to be God channel? His answer I’ll get back to you

Can someone direct me to the scripture the claim?

My feeling he is slowly on the way OUT and all is because of me lol

• greendawn
    greendawn

They obviously made up the whole story given their behaviour they are nowhere near being fit to get chosen by God as his channel on earth. In fact the FDS is not associated with the time of the end if check out the story in luke's gospel.

• z
    z

Greendawn thx but their must be some scripture the claim …..Which one is it?

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Well, the WT intreprets the scriptures as pointing to them, they are self appointed.

They point to several scriptures and say it applies to them (Russell and Rutherford made this into a science). What might help is to point out the failures and show that they are like every other imperfect religion, having both successes and failures. I like the warnings Jesus gave in Matt 24:23-27; Mark 13:21-23 and Luke 21:8 (drew sagan used this approach recently).

• z
    z

Thx thecarpenter ok so he is going to come with scripture and I need to defend it what scripture he is going to come with? This is my question

I know all the BS of the WT I need the one the saying, see we are the chosen one by God

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

That's the point there isn't one

Tell your pal to read Crisis of Conscience that gives very good insight into why they are not the choosen ones

All the best

BM

• sir82
    sir82

Z,

The scripture most commonly used is Matthew 24:45-47. That's the one that talks about the "faithful and discreet slave".

The most common "strategy" is to read that scripture, then claim (with little or no evidence) that God's blessing on them since 1919 "proves" that Jesus determined them to be faithful & discreet.

Hope this helps.

• freetosee
    freetosee

The account in Acts chapter 15 especially verses 6, 22, 23 and 28 are used to support the “GB” claim.

Freetosee

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Tell your friend:

Matthew 18:19 Again, I tell you the truth, if two of you on earth agree about whatever you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. 18:20 For where two or three are assembled in my name, I am there among them.”

Not "where thousands of people are gathered at a district convention as members of an organisation in which the members during baptising swears loyalty to the organisation, I am among them".

It`s pretty simple, really. A couple of guys in a room talking about Jesus and christianity and stuff. Jesus is right there.

• z
    z

thx all will do

Z

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit