The WTS Most Awesome Tool of Indoctrination?

by watson 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• watson
    watson

I say it's "Examining the Scriptures Daily." Any thoughts on this?

Watson

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

More of a reinforcement tool rather than one of indoctrination. The indoctrination comes during training to be dunked and from the meetings, the DT is a daily reinforcement of the things learned, being too small itself to convert anyone to a particular way of thinking.

• blondie
    blondie

And who would be indoctrinated by it?

Not non-JWs who have little access to it.

JWs? Despite the little tableaux at the conventions/assemblies, except for the Bethelites who are forced to sit through it every morning, few JWs do the daily text. My experience at the meetings for field service every day when I pioneered showed that few read it.

These texts are recycled parts of WT articles that have already been studied once the previous service year.

Blondie

• watson
    watson

Good point Classist! I guess it would be considered "maintenance!!

I have been reading it lately, and couldn't help but feel that it is a terrific tool to keep us "in step."

Watson

• IW
    IW

In my opinion the "most awesome tool of indoctrination" among the Witnesses is the fellowship.

IW

• watson
    watson

To imbue with a partisan or ideological point of view.

Imbue.

To inspire or influence thoroughly; pervade.

To permeate, or saturate.

To stain or dye deeply.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Ironically I remember one elder calling this a 'drip feed' of spiritual food

I have to agree that it is a reinforcement tool, although the constant dripping I likened to chinese water torture!

DB74

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

I wasn't much of a good dub, as I rarely read it... It was for me a waste of time.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

I think the scripture was worth reading as a start to the day but "the comments " was used as a way to encourage by the field service conductor before going out, but i used to chuckle to myself when the materila was'nt appropriate for the field that day and then see the conductor struggle for comments on the comments and then give up and say ...OK that's not applicable brothers and then give the prayer!

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

the use of the word "conscience" to appease the masses.....usually the definition is chosen by the elder body of any given congregation.....making it ok for one congo to do something and not ok for another to do it....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit