One good man & a pocket knife

by Nathan Natas 10 Replies latest social current

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20060530/D8HU67000.html

Former Marine Fends Off Atlanta Robbers

May 30, 11:22 AM (ET)

ATLANTA (AP) - A former Marine used a pocket knife to fend off a group of would-be robbers, killing one and wounding another, police said.

Thomas Autry, who authorities said will not be charged, had been walking home from his job waiting tables Monday night when four people got out of a car and chased him, Atlanta police detective Danny Stephens said.

One of the attackers had a shotgun and another had a pistol, Stephens said.

The suspects caught up with Autry, who yelled for help and pulled a knife out of his backpack. He kicked the shotgun out of one of the attacker's hands and stabbed both a 17-year-old girl who jumped on him and a man who also attacked him.

The suspects fled in their car but police found them later at a hospital where the girl was pronounced dead. The man stabbed in the incident was in critical condition, Stephens said.

Autry's attackers will face robbery and aggravated assault charges and are suspected in other robberies over the past week, Stephen said.

Stephens credited Autry's military training with helping him fend off the group.

"I would say he had to do what he had to do to stop the threat," Stephens said. "You can tell his training kicked in and he knew what to do."

Autry, 36, suffered a cut to his hand and a bruise on his chest, Stephens said.

---------

oohrah, Marine!

• heathen
    heathen

Well that is kinda sad that somebody got killed over tip money but they really shouldn't have tried to rob somebody . I hate people that do that kind of stuff ......

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Four to one against a marine? That's hardly fair odds...

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Some people just ask to be removed from the gene pool. Hats off to the Marine.

S4

• wednesday
    wednesday

I heard that interview and well call me suspicious, but something about it just does not ring ture. Can't quite identify it yet, but I'm keeping an open mind on this one. almost looks like drugs, etc may have been involved. (ie he may have been more involved than he is saying or anyone can prove) I also wondered why he had to stab a 17 yr old girl to death? Was this the only way he could stop her? perhaps there is more to his involvement than we know.

• VM44
    VM44

Marines are trained in hand to hand combat not just to defend, but to efficiently kill the attacker.

--VM44

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yeah!

S

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    I also wondered why he had to stab a 17 yr old girl to death?

Because she was a predatory piece of crap that was willing to participate in a lethal-force encounter. She got exactly what she deserved. "Bad associations, blah, blah, blah."

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

You don't play when firearms are involved ESPECIALLY a shotgun! Funny that you assume there must be more to it when the police say these people have attacked and robbed others already!

Good on him! He should have given ALL of them the old Colombian necktie!

• wednesday
    wednesday

It is just a feeling I have, does not mean it is true. Don't see why my little old opinion should upset you. I have no power to make laws or change them. It has nothing to do with him being a marine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit