Absolute truths have been admitted....

by Shining One 102 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

BUT, Little Toe. Beauty isn't fuzzy, it's WORDS that fail us. I still maintain that clarity is desireable, and we find meaning in the trimming down to that reality.

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Gumby,
    >irritating as hell to about 99.9% of the posters here
    When did you take the poll and who ruined my perfect record? That statement tells me that I am right on course.
    Rex

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

But reality sometimes defies clarity of definition. Life is chaos, not tarmac and concrete squares...

While beauty is mostly subjective, it also has some absolutes, but can you identify and describe them?

• jgnat
    jgnat

By that, I take it, that you consider 99.9% of us to be in need of 'saving'? After your work is done, would we all be like you?

• jgnat
    jgnat

But, identification, classification and description is not reality.

True, there's tons of chaos and variety in our world. Underlying, there's a lovely harmony that is there for those who can hear it. That we cannot adequately describe it does not deny the harmony, only the inadequacy of language to cover it.

Edited to add: I still like to try.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I think we're saying vaguely the same thing. I've just reached a point where I'm suspicious of clarity. If it sounds too right it probably isn't (at least pertaining to spiritual things)

• jgnat
    jgnat

...and I am suspicious of excess verbiage. I, also, dislike premature conclusions. I am okay with trying to describe a difficult thing, as long as the language is kept clear.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

On that we agree, dear sister

• Shining One
    Shining One

>A good debater SHOULD be able to convincingly argue BOTH sides of the fence.
    This is an example of your problem: you see this as some kind of intellectual jousting match. That is not the point at all (who wins the argument)! Hasn't the gospel message become a heartfelt belief with you? Those of us who have come out of a cult like this have been indoctinated into a natural rejection of Real Christianity. The cult has served it's purpose very well. It doesn't matter that people leave it behind if they still leave Christ behind. The goal of the evil one is still accomplished whether they are in, out or undecided.
    You are not in any way doing these people any good by giving them more reasons to doubt what little faith that they possess. Even if it hurts, people need to hear the gospel for the very salvation of their souls. Some will not accept the gospel but some will. People can't 'sit on the fence' when it comes to belief in the savior of the world. He doesn't allow it. His message is that He is God incarnate and you have a choice to believe or not. Christians are all called to a ministry of reconcilliation. There is no 'grey area' when it comes to the essentials and you should know that. There are no 'second chances' once this life is over.
    The stakes are too high to 'play at debating games', eternal lives are in the balance. I love these people: they are not my enemies; you are not my enemy. My enemies are not made of flesh and blood nor is my struggle with flesh and blood.
    Rex

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So we have a contest between the "Debator for Truth" and the "Warrior for Souls" on our hands?

Interesting metaphors. Are they really so different?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit