Anthony Robbins quote that helped me break free from the bonds of the Org

by What-A-Coincidence 8 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

"All personal breakthroughs begin with a change in beliefs. So how do we
    change? The most effective way is to get your brain to associate massive pain
    to the old belief. You must feel deep in your gut that not only has this belief
    cost you pain
    in the past, but it's costing you in the present and, ultimately, can
    only bring you pain in the future. Then you must associate tremendous pleasure
    to the idea of adopting a new, empowering belief
    ."

Anthony Robbins

anyone else on here read his books "Awaken the Giant Within" or "Unlimited Power"? Thoughts?

• Warlock
    Warlock

What-A

I read those 2 books. Easy to say, hard to do. I would like to know, really, how many lives have changed because of Mr. Robbins. You can read it, you can resolve to do it, but the patterns are hard to break. At least for me and some others that I know who read the books.

Warlock

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I had both books by Anthony Robbins years ago, however I remember liking Awaken the Giant Within better but it has been so long since I had read it I couldn't comment on it; however I do remember his books giving some perspectives on things I have never really thought about before; however I still wonder about the walking across hot coals or glass or anything like that, lol.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I'd like to point out that the WTS uses that tactic themselves... think about how they prey on people who are having a hard time and then talk up how horrible the world is and how awful people had it when they were "worldly."

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

He makes great ice cream too.

Over the years, I have sampled all 31 flavors.

Rub a Dub

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

So many variables at work. I think that personality plays a big role...his personality type (extrovert) make it much easier than for some (introverted or as another books calls them ... HSP's or Highly Sensitve People)

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

All personal breakthroughs begin with a change in beliefs. So how do we

change? The most effective way is to get your brain to associate massive pain

to the old belief. You must feel deep in your gut that not only has this
    belief

cost you pain
    in the past, but it's costing you in the present and, ultimately, can

only bring you pain in the future. Then
    you must associate tremendous pleasure

to the idea of adopting a new, empowering belief
    ."

Although not a fan of Anthony Robbins I believe this is a great way to motivate yourself to make some better "beliefs" for yourself.

• Arthur
    Arthur

I remember that many Witnesses did not approve of Anthony Robbins because of his practice of walking on hot coals. Many were convinced that he was "demonized" because of this. The interesting thing about firewalking is that even though it has been practiced by tribal religions for ages, there is really nothing supernatural about it. Michael Shermer, who writes a monthly column in Scientific American magazine wrote an entire article on the subject. He also wrote about it in his book: Why People Believe Weird Things. He wrote about the physics of hot coals and how people do it without getting burned. Shermer who is a self-proclaimed skeptic even did it himself without getting burned.

Another interesting side note about Robbins. In his book Unlimited Power, he quotes from the December 22, 1982 Awake magazine. His reference from the Awake had to do with diet and health. Interestingly, Anthony Robbins has recently published updated information and given lectures where he has recanted much of what he used to teach; admitting that much of it was incorrect.

I didn't find his books very useful or practical, but in my opinion his audio program: Lessons In Mastery is an excellent program that I think would benefit anybody.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    Interestingly, Anthony Robbins has recently published updated information and given lectures where he has recanted much of what he used to teach; admitting that much of it was incorrect.

Arthur, i would be interested in knowing where i can find this updated info.

Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit