Prince The Pioneer

by Bstndance 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

I just opened the entertainment section of the LA Daily News and it had a blurb about Prince. The titled was "Prince The Pioneer". It was actually about him receiving some lifetime acheivement award. But, I almost died laughing at the title. Just wanted to share!

• luna2
    luna2

HA! Perfect. Can just imagine him trying to do 50 or 60hrs per month (or whatever the requirement is now) pounding the pavement for the WTS. At least people would answer the door.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

How funny! I bet that got the dubs to read the article! Eheh!

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

"But I'm here to tell, there's something else - the afterworld" *music*

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can't imagine a well known JW like Prince going from door to door, that would be far beneath him, and true the WTS doesn't deserve the publicity that goes with it.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

But he does go door-to-door. Prince lives here in the Twin Cities, and a couple years ago there was an item in the paper about some woman in Eden Prairie who got called on one Sunday afternoon by Symbolina, offering the latest issues of the Watchtower and Awake. She was a little surprised, but mostly annoyed since she was trying to watch the Vikes.

No Apologies

• luna2
    luna2

I wonder if anybody asks for a picture with him. Wouldn't that be a riot? Standing there with your arm around Prince, holding up the latest copy of the Farttower. I'd definitly frame that sucker.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I can not stand him , never have . Last year while visiting some JW friends they were so excited to share a cd of Prince and his wife singing kingdom melodies I guess it was the latest thing to get passed around the circuit , I wanted to But I endured . They were star struck by it all

• Panda
    Panda

HEHEHEHEh I remember decades ago this whole thing with Michael Jackson. Was he? wasn't he? How sad that the dubs have so little joy in life that they need to grab onto Prince's coat tails.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I'm actually a pretty big Prince fan. I'm sure this is just a phase, if not oh well. I guess all good things have to come to an end, including wild and obnoxious Prince music videos and concerts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit