Governing body members pay

by snarf 20 Replies latest jw friends

• snarf
    snarf

Does anyone know what the Governing Body members make a month? Do they make more money than the average Bethelite because of greater responsibility, or do they just get the benefits of first class travel when they go to different areas of the world?

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Its my understanding that their reimbursement is the same as every other bethelite. Their "pay" comes from "green handshakes" from congregations/branches that they visit and from adoring fans who tour through bethel or just send them $ in the mail. I am pretty sure that they clean up a lot of tax free income. I know that CO's definitely do.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What would they spend the gift money on? You can only buy so many suits/ministry bags and false teeth...

• jstalin
    jstalin
    What would they spend the gift money on?

Swiss bank accounts.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Forget nominal pay, they really get paid in perks.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Forget nominal pay, they really get paid in perks.

You got that right. A C.O. that I know about and his name is Bill Prince (Canada) was having a Mexican vacation while spotted. No big deal except Bill has never had a job in his entire life and has always depended on "handouts" to keep going. The money was probally supplied locally by rich JW's but maybe WTBTS kicked in a few bucks. Drones are hard to find..

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

definately perks. i had many green handshakes.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I have more than 6 bethellites in my congo, 5 of which are high ranking. They are always going on alaskan cruises and such.

Seems like people are flipping the bill

One couple went to India, Europe, and inbetween for 3 weeks, and I found out this well to to retired brother paid their way, as long as this couple accompanied them!!!!!

• juni
    juni

Would Jesus take green handshakes? Perhaps. But he would've given it to ones that truly needed it. He would not have taken money for himself. So unlike this org. that preaches one thing and does another.

Juni

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

The "green handshake" is real. Many Bethelites have witnessed it and participated. For most Bethelites, it's only enough to travel to a congregation that requests you for a public talk. It's also much more common for hosts to take the higher-ups to the nicest restaurant. For me, it was always a sister who liked to cook enough for 12 even if only 2 people showed up.

But those who have noticed, especially since Henschel's presidency, that vacations for the higher-ups have drastically improved are probably looking at the result of a loophole in the "vow of poverty" that Bethelites take whether they mean it or not. The loophole, according to the Branch Procedures book, is that the vow of poverty is suspended while on vacation. So if it weren't for vacations, the cash received by Bethel "heavies" would have to be re-donated to one of the general funds. But there is no "vow" problem with saving it up for a vacation, or accepting a luxurious donated vacation.

Gamaliel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit