qualities

by John Doe 26 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

Do you mean righteousness in a spiritual sense?

• Confession
    Confession

Don't really know how to answer that, John. Spiritual, personal, whatever... I define righteousness as "doing what you believe is right, and not doing what you believe to be wrong."

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Here are the qualities I look for in my friends and significant others:

lovejoypeacelong-sufferingkindnessgoodnessfaithmildnessself-control

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I think REAL people are good. So that's genuine, like what misspeaches said.

This thread reminds me of a circuit overseer we had who gave this talk about what kind of spiritual person you are. He said, "a spiritual 2 cannot expect to marry a spiritual 8. So if you want a spiritual 8 you'd better be a spiritual 8 yourself." I really actually liked this C.O. and not many others did because he said it like it was. But this "spiritual 8" stuff just makes me roll my eyes.

So I'm looking for a spiritual 10.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear John,

I would say it would be "Love".

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• John Doe
    John Doe

What would be the object of the love?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm with LL

Love underpins every other quality in a human that seeks after another's well-being.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

"All you need is love." - John Lennon (a very smart man)

GGBG

• John Doe
    John Doe

Love, like anything it seems, can be bad. Love of self to the exclusion of others is definitely not a good thing. No, you need more than love. Love without thought is most often disatrous.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Hey John, is your purpose of this thread to determine if one quality alone is greater than any other or if one quality is needed and the others aren't?

GGBG

• John Doe
    John Doe

Similar to the purpose, but not quite. I've been wondering if there is any one trait that is good without reservation or qualification. I can think of none.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit