"Privileges"

by Joe Grundy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I hope I won't offend anyone if I say it all seems a bit pathetic.

On the contrary. That's what most of us who escaped think, too.

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

"i hope i don't offend anyone..."

it really is hard to offend most people on jwd...most of us have been offended by people who didn't care whether we took offence or not. however it is fairly easy to get someone to take offence for the same reason.

"...it all seems a bit pathetic"

pathetic only scratches the surface of the way you are made to feel by petty men who feel that turning the lights off after the meeting and making sure there is toilet paper in the ladies room sunday morning are priveleges to be doled out to men whom they find spiritually mature enough to handle these simple tasks. in our congregation it isn't the people who carry the mike who are considered special, it's the guy who runs the sound system. they all want to be that guy.

j2s

• Highlander
    Highlander

Yeah, I remember being that guy operating the sound system. Oooohh Aaaahhhhh! At the time I felt it was such an honor. It was great to be taught the little tricks

that come with operating the sound system. I can still remember,,, before putting the kingdumb melody tape in,, it was standard procedure to use a pencil to turn the gear

on the tape forward a few turns, so that there was little to no delay between pressing 'play' and actually hearing the music. Praise Jehover for giving me this wonderful

pencil trick, tape forwarding knowledge. Another trick bestowed upon me. Instead of allowing the individual mic handlers to turn their mics on/off,, I would do all the on/off switching

from the board as this would minimize the times that mic handler typically forgot to hit the on button.

Oh and yes,, Don't forget about making my own comments during the watchtower study,, then I would have the priviledge of handing myself the mic, turning it on, and making a comment.

PRAISE JEHOOVER!!!. I was setting such a 'fine example' for the brothers/sisters that watched in awe at my genius. Wow, it only takes two monkeys to operate the sound board, and

look at me!! I can do it all by myself!

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I got to do souu-uunnd!, I got to do souu-uunnd!

I also got to do grass cutting....by myself because no-one else would show

I also got the priviledge of wasting my own gas driving outta town to pick up the literature from the drop-off depot -- not just for our own congregation but for all of them in the one kingdom hall....I'm a wee person and all of that can get #%^$ heavy.

I also got to do more of the heavy work (landscaping etc) cuz the few elders who did show just "directed"

Priviledges my @$$!!!!

• The Quiet One
  • finally awake
    finally awake

Just Ron got to do a lot of mowing, all by himself. The hall has about 3 acres to be mowed, including a huge ditch area that is too steep to mow with a riding mower. Couple that with the fact that the hall's mower typically broke down at least once every time he tried to use it, and that none of the other brothers ever bothered to weed eat the bottom of the ditch, so it was always overgrown and swampy. He's looking forward to a summer full of not mowing the kingdom hall this year.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Is JUST RON not mowing because someone else is doing it or because he's no longer attending the KH and has lost his 'privileges'?

• just Ron
    just Ron

Privileges given by the borg are a way to show that you don't care about your family. To take time away from teaching your kids how to show love to one another as a family. That real privelege is teaching and careing for your family.

I am no longer partaking of the meetings they are stumbling me.

Ron

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Just crazy talk Ron!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I was allowed to comment as an interested person. I realised that if I said anything out of line I wouldn't be asked again. I made comments that seemed to me to be blindingly obvious and everyone went oooh and aaah, so impressive for an interested person, so new and so good.

More recently I made the mistake of just being myself. I even used long words. But it was pointed out to me privately that it wasn't good to display the knowledge I already had.

Even more recently, I realised that actually, no-one wants to know any real background information. After all, the whole thing is just designed to reinforce Watchtower control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit