A New Earth--Eckhart Tolle

by moanzy 5 Replies latest jw friends

• moanzy
    moanzy

Anyone have a chance to read this book? It's very good and an easy read. If you like "The Power of Now" you will like this one.

Here's a paragraph from it: Many prople are already aware of the difference between spirituality and religion. They realize that having a belief system- a set of thoughts that you regard as

the absolute truth- does not make you spiritual no matter what the nature of those beliefs is. In fact the more you make your thoughts (beliefs) into your identity, the more cut off you are

from the spiritual dimension within yourself. Many "religious" people are stuck

at that level. They equate truth with thought, and as they are completely identified with thought (their mind), they claim to be in sole possession of the truth in an unconscious attempt to

protect their identity. They don't realize the limitations of thought. Unless you believe (think) exactly as they do, you are wrong in their eyes, and in the not-too-distant past, they would

have felt justified in killing you for that. And some still do, even now.

Sound like any religion you know?

Anyway it is well worth reading if you haven't already.

Moanzy

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

thanks moanzy - i am almost done with the power of now. seems very repetiitve but it's pretty good.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

yeah thanks.........i read

The Power of Now.............and think I would enjoy this book as well

purps

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I read it and didn't care for it much. Some good points on relationships but generally he's way too 'out there'. A much better, more grounded book is 'The Secret of Letting Go' by Guy Finley. It was a profound, mystical experience reading that book and I have never forgotten it's lessons. I still practice them regularly.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That sounds very much like the fanatical Moslems but also the JWs, spiritual people should never be narrow minded and intolerent.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I read the Power of Now recently, and enjoyed it, so I will pick this one up next time I'm in a bookstore. Thanks moanzy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit