Is the WTS still an NGO? 2005 OSCE Conference

by blondie 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

DeputyDog,

Member / Associate member, you're splitting hairs! They helped to spread / endorse UN propaganda to thier membership.

Nope. Not splitting hairs. I personally agree with you.

However, I also see that whether or not they endorsed the UN or spread its propaganda is entirely in the eye of the beholder (open to interpretation), while whether or not they chose to become a member (Associate if a class of membership) of an organization they have labeled as "under judgment by Jehovah God" is black and white, cold...dispassionate...hard...indisputable...fact.

Also, spreading propaganda for the UN makes what they did worse, but becoming a member of the UN/DPI was (according to their standards) a willful rejection of Christian standards.

Additionally, sending representatives to speak before governmental bodies has never required membership or affiliation with the bodies before which they represent themselves. They have done this for many decades. The Judiciary is one branch of US government, for example. They have lobbied for or against certain measures in the US legislature, another branch of US government. They have used donated funds to do so. They have reported widely on their efforts to establish legal precedent in the court systems of the world.

They say, in effect, "Do as we say, not as we do." They judge adversely those who imitate their behavior, a practice Romans 2:1, 2 properly calls, "inexcusable."

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• RachelHall
    RachelHall

If the Lawyers at the WTS had any guts, AT ALL!! They would bring the GB before a real JC and have them removed...JUST DO IT! Perhaps a few Lawyers connected to the WTS is preparing their case against them as we sit chatting. You know how Lawyers are...AFTER the MONEY!

• juni
    juni

There is a lawyer working for JWs, but I forget her name. I think it dealt w/kids abuse (?) Blondie has access to so much info I don't know how she does it.

She would be a good source.

And Zagor, I agree w/you. It makes me sick, but also saddened to see what "God's Organization" has done to His sheep. There are going to be a lot of surprised people, aren't there?

Juni

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I'm convinced that the Society has somehow rationalised in their minds that their UN dealings are in the same bracket as their dealings with the Supreme Court or European Court, where they have aggresively fought legal battles. It's all just part and parcel of the 'earth' that swallows up the dragon's water. They seem not to feel that the UN is really political and is more a protector of human rights like the Courts are. Probably think they are oh so clever for using some of Satan's elements against him. How would you define the UN? I believe it is more or less just a multilateral treaty. Is a treaty a legal or political arrangement, or both? Doesn't change the fact that they are hypocritical for critizing other religions for hooking up with the UN.

• Kaput
    Kaput

From paragraphs 9, 10 & 11 from the June 1, 1991 WT article "Their Refuge -- A Lie!":

9 Today, Jehovah's Witnesses warn that a flood of executional armies will soon sweep over Christendom. Moreover, they point to the true place of refuge from that flood. They quote Isaiah 28:16, which says: "This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: 'Here I am laying as a foundation in Zion a stone, a tried stone, the precious corner of a sure foundation. No one exercising faith will get panicky.'" Who is this 'precious cornerstone'? The apostle Peter quoted these words and applied them to Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 2:6) If Christendom had sought peace with Jehovah's King, Jesus Christ, then she would have avoided the coming flash flood. -- Compare Luke 19:42-44.

10 However, she has not done so. Instead, in her quest for peace and security, she insinuates herself into the favor of the political leaders of the nations -- this despite the Bible's warning that friendship with the world is enmity with God. (James 4:4) Moreover, in 1919 she strongly advocated the League of Nations as man's best hope for peace. Since 1945 she has put her hope in the United Nations. (Compare Revelation 17:3, 11.) How extensive is her involvement with this organization?

11 A recent book gives an idea when it states: "No less than twenty-four Catholic organizations are represented at the UN. Several of the world's religious leaders have visited the international organization. Most memorable were the visits of His Holiness Pope Paul VI during the General Assembly in 1965 and of Pope John Paul II in 1979. Many religions have special invocations, prayers, hymns and services for the United Nations. The most important examples are those of the Catholic, the Unitarian-Universalist, the Baptist and the Bahai faiths."

What the WT paragraph conveniently omits when it quotes from this "recent book" is the portion which immediately precedes the quoted excerpt, the portion which states: "Prayer, meditation and spirituality at the UN are fascinating subjects. All major world religions are accredited to the United Nations as non-governmental organizations. For example, no less than twenty-four Catholic organizations are represented at the UN. Several of the world's religious leaders have visited the international organization. Most memorable were the visits of His Holiness Pope Paul VI during the General Assembly in 1965 and of Pope John Paul II in 1979. Many religions have special invocations, prayers, hymns and services for the United Nations. The most important examples are those of the Catholic, the Unitarian-Universalist, the Baptist and the Bahai faiths."

It appears as if the WBTS, which was in the process of becoming associated with the UN/DPI as an NGO, decided to keep up the ruse for the R&F.

More legerdemain from the sleezeballs at Bethel.

• uninformed
    uninformed

I must have been born under a bad star.

I caught it from both directions.

FIRST: I HAD TO GO TO PRISON FOR TWO YEARS IN THE 1960'S BECAUSE OF POLITICAL NEUTRALITY.

SECOND: I JUST GOT DISFELLOWSHIPPED LAST MONTH BECAUSE THE WT DECIDED TO VIOLATE ITS 'CHRISTIAN NEUTRALITY AND JOIN WITH THE UN DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC INFORMATION, AND I DIDN'T APPROVE OF IT.

45 years up in smoke. Bethel could care less what we think. Oh, you don't like what we did (are doing) with the UN? Fine, then, you're disfellowshipped. Get the hell out of our face.

Brant Jones------Ex-Con, Ex-Elder, Ex-JW. (proud of all three)

• uninformed
    uninformed

Thanks Blondie for bringing this to our attention.

I don't even want to think about all that our family suffered in this religion. And now finally the truth as to what they really are. It's there in black and white for anyone to read.

God I wish I could go back in time and have a "do over".

Juni

Juni,

ME TOO.

Brant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit