Is the WTS guilty of modern-day idolatry?

by parakeet 12 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

The JWs do have a strange attachment to the word of the law that is contrary to the christian spirit, ok Christians can't be lawless but then the JWs have gone too far with seeking salvation through works.

That rigidity does feel like idol worship, as does the excessive veneration they have for the FDS and the way they completely ignore their obvious serious failures (failed prophecies/predictions, new light dogma, no charity work).

• Misha Anouk
    Misha Anouk

I find two current trends disturbing: One of them is the Governing Body seeking the limelight more and more. The other is the blatant veneration of their trademark blue square with the iconic JW.org in it. It’s amazing how these recent developments are mirrored in the biblical episode of the Golden Calf. I would like to share my thoughts on this topic:

Idolatry Is Trending Among Jehovah’s Witnesses: How “JW.org” Has Become Their Golden Calf

What do you think? Would you agree on these parallels?

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Good points, star Moore. I agree completely. Interesting how the people were tired of waiting and worshipped the calf....so true the Society has become like that image over the decades since 1914. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit