Ever heard "We sure need that New System"?

by MissBehave 15 Replies latest jw friends

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Ever heard a jw say that? Kinds makes me feel all pukey inside.

• under_believer
    under_believer

MissBehave, I'll pray for you. Hehe I just figured as long as we were on the subject of things that make us feel all pukey inside...

Anyways yeah I hear that all the time. I said it a couple of days ago myself, but I was talking about my new computer.

• luna2
    luna2

Yes...barf. That and "This old system can't go on much longer!" Yeah, you nuts, keep telling yourself that Jebus, the magic fairy of destruction, is soon to wave his sword-like wand and solve all your problems by killing everybody in the world who isn't exactly like you.

• blondie
    blondie

Even as an active JW I felt that many JWs used this as a copout, expecting the NS to miraculously solve all their problems without any effort on their part.

Like never donating to charitable causes but taking charity from the same groups.

(

James 2:15-16) 15 If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, 16 yet a certain one of YOU says to them: "Go in peace, keep warm and well fed," but YOU do not give them the necessities for [their] body, of what benefit is it?
  • Star Moore
    Star Moore
    Ever heard "We sure need that New System"?

Hey there, That's the one thing they got right!

• KW13
    KW13

Yeh, lots.

mum and stepdad watching the news "ooo, look at that" but when i was a witness it was more "a sign of the times"

i hardly slept

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    Like never donating to charitable causes but taking charity from the same groups.

Hey the only reason people donate to charity is to get recognition like their name on a building or something like that. It's true I know this because I heard it from a public talk at the KH.

Later after the meeting you hear don't go to that hospital go to the new hospital with the new (insert name) ____________wing It's the best.

• parakeet
    parakeet

ALL ...... THE ...... TIME. My JW relatives simply feast on all the bad news constantly available on TV news channels.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Yes, some were absolutely obsessed with it; others just thought it but weren't so vocal - I was both!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"Ever heard "We sure need that New System"?"

Well... similar to that... at my mom's funeral, I overheard my sister saying,

"Well... we thought the 'new system' would be here by now."

Regards,
    Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit