United Nations Member Nations Consideration Implmentation of UN Income Tax

by FairMind 11 Replies latest jw friends

• FairMind
    FairMind

This morning on the radio news, mention was made that the United Nations member nations are considering instituting a personal income tax. This would be an income tax levied by the UN on all of the world’s age earners. If this is done then IMO we are truly on the brink of a new world order under the direction of the UN. Has anyone else heard about this and what are your thoughts?

• juni
    juni

No. I didn't hear about this. That's all we need here in the US is more taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juni

• under_believer
    under_believer
    That's all we need here in the US is more taxes!

That's actually true, juni, though something tells me you were being sarcastic.

Secondly, FairMind, would you mind providing a citation or a link that backs this up?

• juni
    juni

ME? SARCASTIC?

Secondly, FairMind, would you mind providing a citation or a link that backs this up

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE SOURCE OF THIS INFO ALSO. THANKS.

Juni

• jstalin
    jstalin

They've been talking about this for years. If the UN wants to tax me, they can eat my s***.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I think this is just sensationalism, putting this through the process for validation is an impossible situation with so many member states, and governments know adding taxes destroys their popularity.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I would like to see what news agency was gullible enough to report this.

• blondie
    blondie

Without the support of each sovereign nation, it will be unenforceable. People don't want more taxes, and if each government collects more money, they won't spend it on the UN. I think some people overestimate the influence the UN has in any country's affairs. Without the monetary and military support of countries such as the US, UK, or those in Europe, all this will be just like a fart in the wind.

Blondie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sounds like BS to me. We are already being taxed by the UN. Every member nation must pay yearly dues... where does that money come from? Simple: The taxes collected by the member nations.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Also please keep in mind that the US is drastically far behind on its UN dues. They just don't pay them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit