Signing In

by ShirleyW 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Am I the only one that has to sign in every morning since this new site has been up? Yes, i always check the remember me box, but it's not working more than 24 h ours, at least for me.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Sorry shirey, on my iphone i have stayed signed in since the first time....  Is your browser set to delete cookies automatically?  Some people do that as a privacy protection measure but it will sign you out of websites.  

Perhaps some details would help...  What browser?  Are you on a mobile device or laptop/tower?  What operating system?

• Simon
    Simon
    Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm on my laptop and use Firefox

But, I haven't even logged onto the site on my phone and tablet, but they use Chrome and I read earlier that Simon says Chrome shouldn't cause too many glitches, I'll try to log on to them later on today or tomorrow

• blondie2
    blondie2
    I have used IE 11; will using Chrome screw up things I have on now?
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I dont want to speak as an absolute authority, simon is very skilled (clearly) and has built this forum from the ground up so i will defer to him in the final analysis. That said, i susspect its a setting in firefix. I tried both from my laptop and my iphone and have stayed signed in with no issues but im using chrome not firefox. Sorry i cant be more help in that speific situation shirley.

blondie, im NOT a fan of IE.  Switching to chrome will not hurt you or anything ypu have saved specific to IE. You will not he uninstalling IE when you install chrome. In other words, go ahead and instal chrome and try it. If you dont like it then you just resume using IE with no negative consequences. In my professional life i have migrated many people from IE to chrome and they all like the switch. Like anything else, there are a few differances to adjust to but its very inutative and much faster than IE.

• Simon
    Simon

Using Chrome is just like having a different vehicle in the garage. It is a faster, safer, more fuel efficient vehicle which you'll probably prefer to drive once you get used to the different feel but it doesn't stop you going back to your other vehicle at any time and using that. You can even keep one for some tasks (e.g. going to the bank) and the other for other tasks (taking crap to the dump).

Chrome lets you have multiple identities that you can switch between so it's also handy if people share a PC - each user can stay signed in on the sites they use, have their own bookmarks etc...

Seriously, if you are using IE do yourself a favor and download Chrome and give it a try. Take some time to get past the differences because different = better.

Very few web developers love IE.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I can sign in with IE 11 but there is no option to remember my password and username

so I have to sign in every time I come to the Web site.

In the old format I could just choose JWN from my favorites and I would automatically be signed in.

And yes I lowered my security level within the browser itself to retain cookies.

I can see this eventually becoming a determent for people coming to the forum in the long run. ??? 

Another thing I should mention to Simon is that for some strange reason whenever I make a post in IE11

and click Post Reply, the posting just hangs in the process never actually make the post confirmed .

If I then click on active topics the post does appear as normal though  ???? 

• violias
    violias

I have to sign in with IE and Chrome every time. IE fills in my password and stuff and asks me if I am a robot , I say NO and then I sign in. I do not see any option for staying signed in. Maybe I have missed it.  IE has always offered me to save my passwords and it is saving them it is just not letting me stay signed on.   Chrome makes me fill out a scary Captcha , which IE does not.

I very much prefer IE to Chrome.  I just never got used to having to add on stuff that IE already on it.  I never like Firefox either.   

• LV101
    LV101
    I have to sign in each time again clicking the remember me box.  Will try to figure out how to correct.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit