Hope you enjoy this story :-)

by hippikon 11 Replies latest jw friends

• hippikon
    hippikon

A funny thing happened at the office.

With my current job I look after a team of commission based sales people (About 400 so I don’t know them all intimately). One of these sales people in a remote town started cheating the company by applying staff discounts to people who weren’t staff and trying to claim promotional benefits for promotions he didn’t do etc. Besides that he was also rude and arrogant when dealing with other staff and customers. So when the opportunity came up I pointed this out to him and canceled his contract (He was spitting chunks at the time)

Some weeks later I was talking to another newly appointed representative in the same small town. He knew him and gave me some of his background. It appears he was a JW and as the new rep described him “very high up in the organization”. I know JWs tend to inflate their own importance but he described him as one of the top10 JWs in Austalia

So there you go – I disfellowshiped an elder without even knowing it – Isn’t that poetic justice. If had known at the time I would have tortured him a bit first by pointing out his dishonesty and lying more acutely.

If anyone in Northern QLD wants to know more PM me

• KW13
    KW13

Right, you gonna tell us

• hippikon
    hippikon

Formatting problems

• KW13
    KW13

Excellent!! but note how we clearly gave the impression he was important and the lack of love.

• hippikon
    hippikon

He was probably a Microphone attendant.

• KW13
    KW13

lol or car park duty.

• Emma
    Emma

Aw, you persecuted him without knowing it!

• Mary
    Mary
    It appears he was a JW and as the new rep described him “very high up in the organization”. I know JWs tend to inflate their own importance but he described him as one of the top10 JWs in Austalia So there you go – I disfellowshiped an elder without even knowing it – Isn’t that poetic justice. If had known at the time I would have tortured him a bit first by pointing out his dishonesty and lying more acutely.

LOL! You should have made him sit before a worldly version of a Judicial Committee and berate him for his dishonesty.......if this isn't karma comin' home to get you----I don't know what is.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

That is a great story! And its reminded me of one that happened in my family.

My dad was sales manager and had a witness elder from my old congregation in his team. Anyway the company got taken over and a shake up was occuring and a very critical eye was put on the sales team. So my dad's boss asks about the elders sales figures and why they are low (lol sounds like ministry reports!) And instead of letting my dad speak with him, this guy follows the elder and finds that he goes down the pub for extended lunch break's and has him fired! Justice indeed. except he wont be shunned by other members of that company!

CS 101

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    One of these sales people in a remote town started cheating the company by applying staff discounts to people who weren’t staff and trying to claim promotional benefits for promotions he didn’t do etc

Over time JWs come to have no issues with "fudging" their Field Service reports. Once they get to that point, if they are willing to "fudge" Jehover, then why wouldn't they be willing to "fudge" everyone else?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit