Brainwashing.......who does this sound like?

by Tatiana 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

"A lot of his control over the masses was thru "brainwashing" ,mass hysteria, and out and out fear of disobeying his fiendish commands!!!"
    What does this sound like to you? I would like to hear your opinions and then I will tell you where I got this quote. I was astounded at the similarities in the two groups. It made my skin crawl.

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Hitler, perhaps?

Who made this statement, I have no clue.

Boozy

• Richie
    Richie

Was it perhaps Judge Rutherford; incidentally he was called the Generalissimo - he was headstrong and strongwilled - he buckled for nobody and was an arrogant man.....
    Just guessing if it maybe him.......

:*) Richie

You are the music as long as the music last...............

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Jim Jones?

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Hey April!
    So happy to see you. I have missed you.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• Richie
    Richie

Tatiana, we are still awaiting your answer with trepidation!!
    I could hardly sleep last night thinking about it! LOL

:*) Richie

You are the music as long as the music last...............

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Hi all. I guess what I was thinking when I first read this, on the Great Crowd board, is, "Wow, this sounds just like the GB!" I read some more and was flabbergasted that the people posting could not see the similarities.

I mean, the brainwashing, mass hysteria (exact mindset of everyone-no independant thoughts allowed) and fiendish commands (shunning, no blood, disfellowshipping) sound exactly like the org to me. Also the "fear" of not carrying out commands. Being raised with terrifying pictures of Armaggedon. As seen in another thread here. Fear tactics in use from childhood on.

I couldn't finish reading the posts there as I was getting ill. Does anyone else see the similarities?

(She was talking about Hitler.)

Cassiline, who are you? Email me.....

April

• karen7680
    karen7680

Hello April! Didn't know you frequented this board too! Nice to see you again. Email me sometime!

Karen

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."
    -Harvey Fierstein

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Hi Karen! Nice to see you here. Miss you.

April

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit