Noise pollution

by spiceant 7 Replies latest jw friends

• spiceant
    spiceant

Have you recently had a moment when it was completely silent and there was no noise whatsoever?

As i see it now we as a western society have grown to become more and more noisyer then we have ever been, now that we can coveniently purchase lots of cheap machines ouer lives are becoming more and more filled with a culprit that i call noise. Noise in itself is often not perceived as such nausiance but often as an affordable companion of leasure and covenience.

The public property that we call air is very often taken for granted and disregarded by ouer fellow people, big citys are already very noisy places but should we really care about noise?

Are we perhaps becoming somewhat numb due to constant noise in my places where we go (or even sleep)?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You should try China... they BLAST rock music over the speakers at nearly all the stores. If you want to talk to anyone you literally have to raise your voice over the music.

They have absolutely no concept of quiet "muzak" in the background.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Talk about noise pollution.... My freind raises tropical birds (McCaws, cockatoos, etc...)...They DON'T have volume buttons, and you can't turn them off.... same with his peacocks....

• JH
    JH

Quiet !!!

• poppers
    poppers

Outer noise is certainly an irritant and distraction. The inner noise of the mind is even worse. Beneath that inner noise is a beautiful silence that is always available. It's unfortunate that more people aren't aware of the inner silence that lies at the core of one's being. With more and more people walking around with earbuds in their ears that inner silence is covered up even more. It's rather sad that people look "out there" for solace/entertainment/happiness streaming from their TVs, radios, iPods, and cell phones when all along those things can be found within the silence inside themselves.

• spiceant
    spiceant

i was kind of looking for a litle structured knowledge like that

Can the constant lack of some silence break ouer consience and common sense to a detoriated state? I am considdering the possibility because a lot of people dont seem to have a grasp of basic logic and/or some common sense and prefer to follow their which are not surpressed by noise (altough a noisy enviroment is prone to agitate people).

• Jourles
    Jourles

Extremely guilty here. After adding on my Cobra shotgun pipes and throwing in a couple of Thunder Monster baffles, I have heavily contributed to the local noise pollution with my new bike. But hey, I want people driving around me to know I'm there. Those factory pipes were just TOO quiet.

• juni
    juni

I HONESTLY FEEL THAT NOISE POLLUTION IS THE CAUSE OF ALL OF OUR SOCIETAL PROBLEMS.

JEDI JUNI

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit