Did you ever think that your "eternal life" already started?

by JH 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

When I got baptized as a JW, and being told that the end was so close, and I was only 28, I really thought that my eternal life had already started.

I was sure, with their teachings, that the odds of dying was slim, compared to the proximity of the new system.

I really thought that my eternal life had started.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I think mine started BEFORE I got here....but then, that's just me - this "Life" is just a side trip in eternity (and no, I don't believe in reincarnation....just a few bible scriptures that indicate it).

• serendipity
    serendipity

I thought the same.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Did you ever think that your "eternal life" already started?

Yes.

But only after I rejected the apostate teachings of the WATCHTOWER Society and became a Christian.

• Shazard
    Shazard

Me = agree Honesty!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I never thought of it that way, but I certainly never thought I would die. In fact i was quite hopeful I would never get to high school.

It was not till my mid 20s that i started to think "hey, I am mortal and I have to consider the fact that i will grow old and die" which was a shocking realisation.

• greendawn
    greendawn

These are beautiful promises, the all enticing bait in other words, but deep down they never stack with me and I always thought of them as being too good to be true. Perhaps I could intuit that the JWs as a society were simply not good enough to earn eternal life they lacked brotherly love and compassion too much.

• bob1999
    bob1999

Yes. Did and do.
    1 John5:13 "I write to you who beleive is the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life."

This does not say "have the hope of eternal life" but it says that we have eternal life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit