Mosquitoes

by averyniceguy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Gregor, I am sure there will be mosquitoes in the new world, but they will not bite humans anymore. I think. Jehovah made mosquitoes for a reason. No doubt about that. Look up thru the search engine about the benefits of mosquitoes.

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

Keep a small BAT as a pet and mosquitos your blood will not let.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

There are personal sonic repellent divices you can buy that do a great job of repelling mosquitos. That way you don't have to worry about the light colour.

Red light is easiest on the eyes when you need to maintain your night vision.

I remember yellow light bulbs for porch lights that were supposed to repel flies and moths. I don't know about the skeeters. But I do know the sonic repellent devices work.

• juni
    juni

We used to sell Citronella plants and people swore by them for repelling mosquitoes. They're pretty stinky, I thought, but some people like the smell.

Juni

• Severus
    Severus

Wear your blood card on your forehead. You will be fine.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

LOL @ Gregor!

• Bstndance
    Bstndance
    The real attraction for mosquitos is the CO2 that warm blooded animals exhale. The most successful traps are those that emit CO2 with a small pilot light fueled by gas, like propane. The killing is done by an electrified grid.

Ding! Ding! Ding! You're 100% correct. The bug zappers that use light do not attract Mosquitos.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Well, that is an interesting conclusion you have come to, AVNG. There will be mosquitos in the new world but they won't 'bite' (of course they don't really bite, they stick a hollow tube into the host body, inject a blood thinner and then pump out the blood by flexing their abdomens) humans? I guess the only humans available would be those of the "other sheep" class so it seems proper that they won't be bothered by pesky critters while they are outdoors playing with lions and tigers and putting their hands on the dens of asps. I guess this would apply to chiggers, ticks, leaches and other parasitic critters too.

Sounds allmost too good to be true. I better get back to the truth.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I've heard that taking Vitamin B12 repels them. Why I don't know.

Dams

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Does white light or red light after dark attract or repel mosquitoes?

Do you mean dark blood or light blood?

No seriously in my family two of us kids (out of 5) were dark skinned and we got bit all the time the other three fair skinned kids didn't get bit at all. We figured it was a dark/light blood thingy. Kids ya know, eh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit