A really good book about Watchtower history

by Gary1914 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

I recently discovered a great book which I would like to recommend. It is called A PEOPLE FOR HIS NAME and it was written by a Jehovah's Witness named Timothy White. I love this book and it helps one to see the origins of many things taught by the witnessing such as disfellowshipping and the blood doctrine.

This book was published in 1967 and it is interesting that back then White notes:

Finanlly, a prophesy by one of Jehovah's Witnesses that has come true!

One thing is certain:

The Witnesses have shown no disposition to stop “advancing in the light” as they call all changes. And if the King of the North has changed from Napoleon to Hitler to the Communists, we might well expect it to change to someone else when the Corn­munists are no longer a threat. Whatever may be taught in the future, we may be sure the Witnesses will dutifully accept it without a blush or a blink, and continue preaching the nearness of the end.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That was a great insight for the future that finally came true, and the author realised that the WTS turned the JWs into robots who will accept anything it tells them while working as its obedient slaves.

• blondie
  • zions watchman
    zions watchman

CAN I GIVE IT A GOOD READ WHEN YOUR FINISHED??? IF SO POST ME A NOTE

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

Zions, it would be my pleasure to share this really powerful information with you.

I tried to message you, but my machine stalled. Please check your messages and tell me if I was successful. If not, I will attempt to send it again.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It truly is an awesome book. It really gives you a clear idea of what JWs taught before the Knorr administration and how Russell's theology and church structure was utterly transformed by Rutherford, much of which is perpetuated today in the "organization"....

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

I agree, Leolaia, and while it is a widely held belief that Franz' Crisis of Conscience is the quintessential book for ex-JWs, for some reason I find A PEOPLE FOR HIS NAME a more powerful book.

I agree that "awesome" is the word.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

damn I want this book. Someone start scanning it, please.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Yes it would be nice to have in PDF format to read... A value for us.... trying to find ways in getting out loved ones!

• M.J.
    M.J.

Yeah, what's up with this price gouging? I found someone online who publishes a reprint for something like $150.

Why can't someone re-publish this at a reasonable price?

Can one of us make it happen?

me next for a loaner!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit