Scriptures You Will Not Hear at the 21-05-06 Church Sermon.

by scout575 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scout575
    scout575

"But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel till the SON OF MAN BE COME." ( Matthew 10:23 )

"For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, there be some standing here, which SHALL NOT TASTE OF DEATH, till they see the Son of man COMING IN HIS KINGDOM." ( Matthew 16:27,28 )

"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.....Verily I say unto you, THIS GENERATION SHALL NOT PASS TILL ALL THESE THINGS BE FULFILLED. ( Matthew 24: 30,34 )

Apocalyptic cult leader prophesies falsely.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Apocalyptic cult leader prophesies falsely.

What about - fundamentalist literalist hasn't concieved spiritual prophecy

• r51785
    r51785

The end came in 70 AD. All the scriptures you list have been fulfilled. Google the word "preterism."

• scout575
    scout575

R51785: Did "ALL the tribes of the earth mourn" and "see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory", by 70 A.D? A Paduan: Did some of Jesus' listeners really live to see the "Son of man coming in his kingdom"?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Did some of Jesus' listeners really live to see the "Son of man coming in his kingdom"?

On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you." When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you." And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

I personally like this one

So Simon Peter went aboard and hauled the net ashore, full of large fish, a hundred and fifty-three of them; and although there were so many, the net was not torn. Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast." Now none of the disciples dared ask him, "Who are you?" They knew it was the Lord. Jesus came and took the bread and gave it to them, and so with the fish. This was now the third time that Jesus was revealed to the disciples after he was raised from the dead.

• scout575
    scout575

A Paduan: What makes you think that Jesus, "coming in his Kingdom", is to be equated with his post-resurrection appearances to his apostles?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

A risen killed person, in the Spirit, whose kingdom is not of this world shows up from who knows where, everyone calls him Lord, half the people you tell the story to alter lives, but he wasn't coming in his kingdom ?

• scout575
    scout575

A Paduan: Are you saying that you think Matthew 16:28 has multiple fulfillments, or do you think that Jesus "coming in his kingdom" is referring solely to his "coming" to his apostles after his resurrection?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Are you saying that you think Matthew 16:28 has multiple fulfillments, or do you think that Jesus "coming in his kingdom" is referring solely to his "coming" to his apostles after his resurrection?

Neither

As an example of not being false - that being said, it could be as simple as keeping faith until seeing the risen Lord

Depends on where you're coming from - whether or not you want to nail him down before you lift him up

• scout575
    scout575

A Paduan: Matthew 16:28 reads: "Verily I say unto you, There be SOME standing here, which shall NOT TASTE OF DEATH, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom." The passage of time between when Jesus said these words, and his post-resurruection appearances to his apostles was brief. Do you think that the way Jesus words his prophecy fits in with such a near-term fulfillment?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit