UPDATE ON MY DAD

by Mary 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Hi Everyone;

Thank you so much for your support and PMs......much appreciated. We got my dad to the hospital where they administered the clot-busting drug and yes, it was done within the 3 hour time frame. It was a very serious stroke but so far he has responded extremely well. Within an hour of the drug being administered, he was able to move his left arm and leg somewhat and say a few words, which the doctor said was very, very encouraging.

Some asshole from the blood liason committee showed up in theory to "give support", but in reality, to make sure that there wasn't going to be any blood administered. After the brother questioned the doctor on several things, the doctor got aggitated with him and said it wasn't going to be a problem (translation: shut up and let me do my job). For the most part I tried to ignore the idiot and he left after he was assured that blood wasn't going to be administered under any circumstances. (can you feeeeel the love???)

My JW aunt and uncle didn't come to the hospital because it was their assembly and holy shit, we can't miss that now can we? However, my other uncle----the one who left the Borg 30 years ago and hates the religion with a passion was there within a half hour and stayed with us for hours. That was really nice, because out of all my relatives, I'm the most like him (he's got the same sense of humour that I do).............

The doctor said that the first 24 hours after the stroke is the most critical time frame, and the fact that my father survived that was a huge relief.........

There's more to say, but I'm really tired, I need a glass of wine and to simply stare off into space for while.

For those of you who said a prayer, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Mary

• luna2
    luna2

That sounds encouraging, Mary. Glad they got that clot-buster drug to him in time.

Ugh on the dubs from dubville. Can they be any more awful? I mean, honestly. Can't even interrupt their stinking assembly attendance for a critically ill family member. ...and that blood liason guy sounds like a grubby little weasel. They wouldn't know love if it came up and bit them in the butt...hard.

Relaxing with a glass of wine sounds like an excellent idea.

(((Mary)))

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Good news.... thanks for the update. Be sure to take care of yourself too.

• mouthy
    mouthy

That is GOOD NEWS sweetie(((((Hug)) scary time for you all. May the Lord give him the courage to push on & heal well. While we were off line I keept trying & trying to get you news. Glad we are up & flying agian Keep us informed Please

Grace

• hubert
    hubert

Good to hear the good news, Mary. Thanks for the update. May he continue to progress.

He's lucky to have a daughter like you that really cares about him.

Hubert

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thanks for filling us in Mary,

We were worried and sending good vibes and prayers to you and your father. Yes JW love is a very strange thing (the longer you're out the weirder it looks).

staring into space a while is just what the doctor ordered (yeah where is that guy lol

((((((hugs)))))

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Glad things are going as well as can be under the circumstances! (((((Mary)))))

~Merry

• helppls
    helppls

Merry--I'm very happy to hear this encouraging news about your Dad. You are all in my prayers. Please take care of yourself...and may your Dad get well really soon. Thinking of you......Always

PS. I wonder why they can't pass a law (here in the US) which says something to this effect: if any organization or person/s representing such an organization... directly or indirectly interferes or try to interfere in its members' medical decisions, such organization shall be legally liable for the consequences of such interference, subject to punitive damages that may cost up to hundreds of millions of dollars. We all know that WT's stubborn attachment to their evolving blood policy cannot compare to their attachment to corporate $$$. At this point, these are most likely one and the same! Freedom of religion is one thing...but allowing any organization unchecked freedom to limit its members medical choices even to the point of causing death, is surely a CRIME. This is so upsetting!!!

• KW13
    KW13

Glad he's doing well, these things just spring on you from nowhere don't they!

Hope your all well.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Once more we see the JWs are just trouble they wanted to interfere with the medical pocedure and the JW relatives didn't even visit whereas the ex JW relative showed a lot more interest.

It's nice to hear that much of the worst was avoided.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit