Is this a new version of the Nigerian scam?

by cruzanheart 11 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I just got this email at my work email address:

To whom it may concern,

Let us inform you that MNS, Inc starts a new project in the USA

and is looking for a reliable, well-motivated and well-executive person

to take care of the project’s needs. The job requires a flexible

schedule shift.

According to this fact we are offering you a position of the Executive

Manager of MNS, Inc. If you are interested in starting business activity

or searching a secure managing job, please response this message

for more detailed description of the opportunity with your CV or Resume

attached to the message.

Please forward all your questions and comments to

info@ms-juice.com

With due respect,

Human resources department of MNS, Inc.

I looked at their website and it looks professional but doesn't tell me what they actually DO.

Very odd.

Nina

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Yes - this looks like a scam. Asking for your CV will be to get your address details and no doubt further communication would ask for your bank details so that you would get your 'wages'. No way would a professional HR dept. recruit at random.

I think people have got wise to the old 'need your account to dump billions into' so they have to try and rework it. Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

FF

• daystar
    daystar

Yeah, this screams of scam. Generally, anything unsolicited, and especially with such speling erors, can be assumed to be SPAM at best.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It certainly sounds to me like an instant of phishing, they are trying to get sensitive info by pretending to be a reputable company. How would they know anyway that you are capable of functioning as a project manager, are you qualified for that? That is rather meant to entice and cajole.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, yesterday I was contacted by a headhunter about a (legitimate) local Administrative Manager position, so perhaps the phishers are tapping into either the headhunter's address list or the ALA (Association of Legal Administrators -- I'm a member and I'm sure that's how the headhunter got my email address and phone number).

Nina

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Okay Nina what does CV stand for..

thanks.

orangefatcat

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I've started being bombarded by 'investment opportunities' something like 'these shares are really low priced at the moment but we have info that they are going to go through the roof so send us your money'

Yeah, right!!!

OFC - a cv is curriculum vitae. It's your career and higher education history :-)

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

cv - is really a glamour term for the old resume..

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I think a well-executive person would response to this by forwarding it to all of her JW friends...with due respect.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Phishing...

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=73668

This particular scam is run in two different ways:

1) They ask you for money to cover initial costs, which they promise to pay back or they issue you a fake check to cover it (usually at twice/three times the amount they ask you to give them).

OR

2) They ask for a lot of personal information and then steal you identity....I just watched a show on Discovery where a man on the run set up a fake company and advertises he's hiring to get resumes to use to create another identity.

Looks like someone is harvesting addresses and using this as a bait message to discover the "live" ones.

Here's my favorite "scam the scammer" page.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit