"Holy Spirit" ?

by HoChiMin 16 Replies latest jw friends

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

"Holy Spirit"

Just what is "Holy Spirit’? I know what JW’s say it is; "Gods active force" that does things God makes it do. Many JW’s pray for it to be divided up and spread around like a pork roast with extra portions to some that need it or are deserving of it. This active force moves to and fro looking for something "good" to do for it had just created "waste" (Gen. 1:2-nwt) then decided to correct it, we needed to know that fact.

For this discussion we’ll assume that "Holy Spirit" is a force for good because God is called "good’ and "love" many times in the bible, both are commonly considered good things. Then an opposing force was introduced we’ll call it "evil" from the "Devil" it to goes around looking for something to do "evil" of course because the "Devil is it’s director and we know he lies and kills people, correct? We’ll assume so because the Devil is evil what else could be true?

Two opposing forces does/will only one of them kill people? No. Which one kills/will kill more? Is blame or reason for killing justified because one side says so? Is the number of dead or about to be killed criteria for one side being "good" or "evil" what do you think what do you want to believe?

HCM

• minimus
    minimus

HoChiMin, this is the most convoluted question I've seen in a long time. What EXACTLY are you asking???

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

g'day HoChiMin,

From what I recall, duelism (the idea of a titanic struggle between good and evil) was introduced to the Jewish believe system during their period of exile in Babylon. Before that the Jews were monotheistic, after that they were a two God faith (the likely time of the writing of the book of Job may well contradict what I've just said

Where the holy and unholy spirits fit in is minimus's guess at this time of night ...cheers ...

You could consult the scholarly work: "Holy Spirit the Force Behind the Comming New Order" (mm I can't see any lies in that sentence).

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

De bad Debil is winning over de good...anyone see "Dateline" last night?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oops! I thought this was an advertisement for a new rum.

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Dearest minimus,

I’m not asking you anything because I wouldn’t expect you to understand the question.

Unc,

Thanks I will check that out.

It appears to me God kills far more people in the bible than any other force then blames it on Satan.

Did any pervs bring Rum to Dateline?

HCM

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings HCM

You raise a valid question which no one can positively answer IMO. Holy Spirt? I equate the unanswerable question the same as the one I posed some time ago. What the hell is it to be blessed, or recieve blessings. (Example: I was told by a "elder" that I'd receive blessings or be blessed, for spearheading the trash detail at a district convention) What an Idiot! I'd have to suppose if he were right, that it's holy spirit that would bless me.

ps: this is sure to confound minimus

Dismembered

• minimus
    minimus

Boys, boys! No matter what you say, this thread is like trying to figure out the DaVinci Code. Even the syntax sux.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Min

huh?

Dismembered

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

hochimin,

you start by stating, assume the holy spirit is a force for good. then you present no evidence this is true. instead you present evidence that this isn't true...it would have been clearer with a topic heading something like--- "good is evil. my reasoning why this is so." perhaps it is this double think that caused minimus' lack of understanding?

by the way, whatever happened to that old ho ho?

j2s

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit