<thoughts> Having left just the JW's "cult" or some more to?

by spiceant 23 Replies latest jw friends

• spiceant
    spiceant

is there anyone that understands what i am saying?

• spiceant
    spiceant

Well its been a month since i stopped posting here, i dont know why and i dont really care, perhaps there was nobody looking back at this place.

Iv been visiting JW congegrations 2x a week now and am following a bible study 1x a week (by a booklet they that means, what "does the bible teach"? Its about how important it is to use god's personal name, i wonder what it is, i just about forgot (no i havent forgotten Jehovah's or Jahwes' name). If i remember correctly we should use it because it helps us get a personal relationship with ouer dear omnipotent superpower and it becomes a kind of obstacle when it is replaced by phrases like "The LORD".

I havent asked a lot of 'hard' questions yet, i did notice two JW's talk about someone and they made a remark that one of their (ex-?)friends biggest obstacle is that he doesnt have a lot of social contact now that he is "out there". I also did ask wether or not they are vegetarian and i learned that they dont go farther in that then not eating meat that has blood in it (no revelation here). I could link a few sites that explain my gripe with eating meat (the meat 95% or above of the western culture eats) but im not sure if i should do that. I do intend to do something with vegetarian diets in the JW society but the biggest support from the bible (i found) is that we shouldnt gorge ouerselves on meat (and forbid, i forgot where it is said).

next thursday i'm going to ask wether or not there are any internet sites JW's shouldnt go to i also intend to go out and read to them a part of the psalms, (as a part of their bible reading program) to hopefully grow some reputation and to give me a litle "social foundation" (from where to fortify and expand my mental warfare for the gospel of universal unparrallelled love).

Insofar i havent met very much resistance, my grandmother phoned me today (its my birthday) and we have a conversation about JW's and she didnt know "a lot either" but she did manage to remember that she had the impression that the transition of JW -> any religion is harder then any religion -> JW. She also found it very scary that the JW's preach the end times, armageddon, being saved and etcetera, you'v heard it. She also advised id be carefull before i commit myself to any religion, but i had already decided that much and i intend to spend many more months learning about JW's and religions as a whole.

did anyone understand what i just typed out?

i go to pray and sleepz now goodnight everything.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I understand what you are saying. I don't necessarily expect you will get much resistance until you start imposing your will into the conversations. The resistance will start as hesitancy and blossom into rejection eventually. Non-conformance is not something JWs will tolerate for very long.

Tolerance is not their strong suit.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Quandry
    Quandry

You state that you don't really think that you will really learn too much on these web sites as we are "biased by our experiences with J.W.s. Yessssssssss........that's why we are on this site. May you never have some of the experiences many on this forum have had.!!!! We are here because we have learned the hard way about the organization. LOVE? When my family begged for it, we got none!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit