Marriage advice needed...am I being unreasonable?

by Virgochik 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Hes using a very mean type of manipulation. Why would it be so hard for him just to accept he doesnt like flying?

Now hes probably working himself up into a jealous state about you having 'holiday enjoyment' on your own.

Why dont you pretend to go along with his new offer of going on holiday with you - but also continue to plan your girlie holiday. If you cant afford 2 holidays you will have to trust your instict that he is BSing you. But if you could afford 2 holidays at a pinch, then go right along with his 'we are going on holiday together' plans but say you promised the girls. If its another of his tricks you still get a holiday, but if he finally puts his money where his mouth is then you get 2 holidays!

• jstalin
    jstalin

Virgo - I've been to Rome twice and Paris once. Don't let anything stop you from going. Those places are the trip of a lifetime. Nothing in the US can compare to Rome.

You're only going for five days though! You should at least spend a week in Italy. If you need any tips on where to go, let me know!

• Jez
    Jez

It is YOUR life to live.

He is living his as HE sees fit, why shouldn't you do the same?

Jez

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Your husband has your best interests in mind, and you should NEVER leave his side! Not even for a separate vacation! You should cater to his every whim and OBEY him without question! I'm sure there's an appropriate Watchtower article that will help you better understand this.

Look it up in your Watchtower index....after you get him a beer!

W

• Lehtiveli
    Lehtiveli

My opinion is (sorry, I didn't read all replies but still wanted to write something)

You should talk about that, directly, without yelling and raging ;)
    If your partner has some fobia, they can solve fobias with little psychological help. I don't believe that real reason is fobias, it is more like lazyness or your partner is getting little "old and boring". You must say that traveling is really important to you and so on, I think you will get him off his butt.

And last: Make travel plans to come to Finland. Living Slow life ;)

• poppers
    poppers

My brother and his wife have travelled extensively over the years. She is more enthusiastic about these trips than he, and now he now longer goes. His wife still travels, but now she goes with female friends and her sister. They're both happy. Don't let your husband thwart your desire to travel. Just because he no longer wishes to see Europe shouldn't dissuade you from fulfilling your desire to do so. Just my 2 cents.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

come to scotland...ill show you round

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

You will show her a round what, Tij?

• luna2
    luna2

Hahahaha....sorry. Carry on.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

My husband started our marriage almost 18 years ago by canceling our honeymoon plans. Nothing since then has changed.

Make arrangements to go to the places that you want to see with one or more people that you feel safe with and know that you will have fun with. If he wants to join you and mend his ways well you can tell him... there is always next year. Meanwhile you will have photos and memories.

cab.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit