Who is Robert King

by bob1999 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bob1999
    bob1999

I have been reading his work at the e-witness web site. http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/index.php

He seems to have trouble with some of the WTS teachings, yet he seems to still call himself a JW. In his Watchman Essays he uses some of the same logic and long-winded interpretation of Daniel and Ezekiel to show the WTS wrong. I find this fascinating. Why can't people just trust Christ and be at peace knowing and believing the promise of John 3:16 and Romans 8:1 ?

• kid-A
    kid-A

He's a disgruntled ex-JW with a Napolean complex trying to "re-create" the borg in his own image.

To paraphrase the title of his book: "Robert King Himself has become Jehovah" LOL

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Bob,

you make a good point. Sometimes we get so caught up in trying to interpret prophecies and proving other people wrong that we forget about the most important issue which is Christs ransom for mankind and our future salvation from sin and death. There are two main important teachings for me in the bible and I think everything else hinges on them: The ransom and the restitution of all.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I've had lunch with him, as he lived right near me, in Michigan. He's had an anointing experience, and recognizes the 'golden calf', that the WT has become.. but still thinks, the WT is God's org. He is desperately trying to be a prophet, by writing his book, which I have. But, we all have to figure out our own truths, now.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I have read some of his writing on the e-watchman site but I disagree strongly with his assesment that the Jehovah's Witnesses more closely match sprititual Isrealites. The whole organization from the beginning was founded on false teachings. The true spiritual Jews are those who are spirit begotten (filled with holy spirit) and baptized into the body of Christ. No organization affiliation is needed at all. We are living members in the body of Christ, the church of the firstborn. Many people are enslaved to various religions thinking they are pleasing God. But not understanding that he works with individuals by use of his Holy Spirit and not with organizations any longer. And ALL of the worlds largest religious institutions claim they are the only true religion and apply all the prophecies to themselves. If he had broken his ties to the WT organization and looked outside of them, he would have seen that there is a lot of truth outside the WT. And he would probably have grown more spiritually.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

He was disfellowshipped, presumably for his campaign to bring awareness to Jehovah's Witnesses of the Watchtower Society's involvement as an NGO in the U.N. However, he remains a loyal Jehovah's Witness. Go figure.

http://jehovah-has-become-king.com/

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

His screename on JWD is "You Know"

Dismembered

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I think Robert is an intelligent guy, but is trying to hold onto something that he really should let go. Thinking that God still works through the WTS in some way, or that Jehovah's Witnesses still have "the truth" but that somehow it has become corrupted seems to be a theory of denial rather than of search for truth. I'm shure he'll come around one of these days.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher
    His screename on JWD is "You Know"

There used to be a "You Know" on H20 ...long ago.... wonder if it's the same fellow?

• uninformed
    uninformed

I like him and I like the ewatchman website.

That being said I do think that he thinks he is God's Prophet to the WT Society.

I can't buy into JW's having been the only "true religion" after learning what I have learned regarding our history. At best it was a decent religion that became oppressive, and at worst it was Satanic from the outset.

I thing the WT prophecies stink. One thing they all have in common. They are always wrong.

Robert is trying to make more out of the WT, (IMHO) than they deserve.

Brant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit