"Raw Abandonment"

by scout575 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scout575
    scout575

"I continued to pray and seek the face of God, but nothing happened. Why didn't God help me? Why? I am begging for spiritual help. I am not begging for a car, or food or anything material, I'm begging for spiritual help. It did not come. I have had trials before. I have even had spiritual "deserts" before. This was raw abandonment.

I have seen God fail other faithfuls also. People who I had known very well. Knew their hearts, their works etc. As leaders we promoted and talked about the ones who said that they succeeded spiritually. But from the platform I always saw the utter despair in the eyes of the ones sitting in the pews out there whom God didn't answer."

The above quote is taken from an ex-Christian message board. If you are a Jehovah's Witness considering joining a Bible-believing church, please spend a lot of time reading ex-Christian message boards and websites, to get the other side of the story of the much vaunted 'power' of Christian prayer.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Of course a person studying with the JWs isn`t going to be surprised when reading that ex-christians got no response to prayers. They`re praying to the wrong God, remember?

• Shining One
    Shining One

I can totally refute the quoted experience above with my own testimony but before I do.....
    >"I continued to pray and seek the face of God, but nothing happened. Why didn't God help me? Why?
    Is this person a child of God, have they actually made a heartfelt decision to follow Jesus? If not then they have no right to an answered prayer.
    >I am begging for spiritual help. I am not begging for a car, or food or anything material, I'm begging for spiritual help. It did not come. I have had trials before. I have even had spiritual "deserts" before. This was raw abandonment.
    So they say....
    >I have seen God fail other faithfuls also. People who I had known very well. Knew their hearts, their works etc.
    Really, how can anyone know this?
    >As leaders we promoted and talked about the ones who said that they succeeded spiritually. But from the platform I always saw the utter despair in the eyes of the ones sitting in the pews out there whom God didn't answer."
    There is the lie. No Christian involved in church calls the altar a 'platform'. That, my friend is a tip off that this is no more than some anti-God troll with a fake testimony. It sounds remarkably like some ex-'Dub atheist who has the evil goal of devestating the little remaining faith that ones coming out of the cult have left. Dubs are conditioned to hate all things spiritual that are not Watchtower related. When they leave it is no victory for them as they are still trapped in the lie that the Watchtower teaches: "Where will we go?"
    Rex

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

shining one,

i also thought the "knew their hearts" comment was suspect.

j2s

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Oh great, we got the shining one. If you listen to him/her, he'd have you believe millions of starving children in Africa have "no right" to an aswered prayer since they have never heard the word of god and accepted Jebeebus as their lord and saviour.

It's simple - God doesn't answer prayers because god doesn't exist. Anyone who believes he/she/it does exist is in dire need of a saviour, in dire need of the BELIEF in God, not God himself. You might as well choose The Amazing Batboy as your saviour.

• Kudra
    Kudra

daniel-P,

How dare you mock. I have accepted the Amazing Batboy into my heart and have FELT HIS POWER.

From the glorious entrance of His presence into my soul, I have but to desire anything and it immediately falls into my lap. ...as it were...
    Like that hot guy at the bar the other night. Face first. And he had drugs too. :)

• dilaceratus
    dilaceratus

"Is this person a child of God, have they actually made a heartfelt decision to follow Jesus? If not then they have no right to an answered prayer."

What a curious Logic: then all non-Christians are now off the hook, and those who have the Right have the Responsibility. In fact, it is all those heart-feeling Christians and their selfish, lackadaisical, prayers who are to blame for the 25,000 humans who died of starvation yesterday.

...Don't blame me, I offered to Oberon!

• scout575
    scout575

Shining One: The above quote is taken from: ex-Christian.net. You will find this poster's full testimony in the section entitled: 'Testimonies of former Christians', and is on the first page of that section. The title of his post is: 'From Fissure to Abyss'. If you read it, you will find that it sounds completely genuine ( as do all the testimonies ), and nothing like the post of an ex-JW 'troll'.

You will find many testimonies on this site from ex-Christians who were clearly genuine, heartfelt Christians. To say that they were never 'proper' Christians in the first place reminds me of the words at 1 John 2:19a: "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us."

How much trust should be placed in this statement? The preceeding verse says: "Little children, it is THE LAST TIME, and as ye have heard that anti-christ shall come, even now are there many anti-christs; whereby we know that it is the LAST TIME." Maybe the same amount of trust should be placed in the claim of verse 19, as should be placed in the claim that nearly 2000 years ago, it was the "last time."

• free2beme
    free2beme

Lost Christian trying to figure out what happened and what went wrong, is not something that is owned by former Witnesses only. Christianity as a whole, leaves a lot to be desired in the way of spirituality.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Why didn't God help me? Why? I am begging for spiritual help. I am not begging for a car, or food or anything material, I'm begging for spiritual help. It did not come.

what do they mean "spiritual help" ?

I have seen God fail other faithfuls also...............from the platform I always saw the utter despair ............

hardly suprising that one sees despair "from the platform"

If you are a Jehovah's Witness considering joining a Bible-believing church, please spend a lot of time reading ex-Christian message boards

"Bible believing church" is quite a broad term

----------------------------------------------------

He answers my prayers and quickly.

And he told them a parable, to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. He said, "In a certain city (a certain man) there was a judge (spirit) who neither feared God nor regarded man; and there was a widow (soul - was espoused - in spirit) in that city (man) who kept coming to him (the judge / spirit) and saying, `Vindicate me against my adversary.' (the flesh) For a while he refused; but afterward he said to himself, `Though I neither fear God nor regard man, yet because this widow bothers me, I will vindicate her, or she will wear me out by her continual coming.'" And the Lord said, "Hear what the unrighteous judge says (even the troubled, unrighteous spirit may judge against the flesh). And will not God vindicate his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? I tell you, he will vindicate them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of man comes, will he find faith on earth?"

Like above - what do they mean in the term "spiritual help" ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit