helterskelter?

by kilroy2 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

Has any one ever brought up for discussion, the line of thinking between Charlie Manson and the dubbs, in that they both believed in a apocalypse and that they would be the only ones to survive or rule after the end

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

good point. This seems to be the case in all the cults whether big or small. They all make the followers feel special in that they are only approved of by God and will survive his wrath at armegeddon. They are willing to do anything their leaders tell them to do because it is the leader who taught them this special truth. To think I was once a JW and would have let my own child die rather than get a blood transfusion when I did not even understand the scriptural posistion on it. So glad to be free!

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hello Dr. Kilroy,

Well, now that you mentioned it, the similarity is great. Piles of dead bodies, everywhere, and the anointed are supposed to help.

The JW book, A Grand Climax is at hand says, on P. 52, para 18.

To those Christians in Thyatira, Jesus now speaks heartwarming words. They also encourage anointed Christians today: "And to him that conquers and observes my deeds down to the end I will give authority over the nations, and he shall shepherd the people with an iron rod so that they will be broken to pieces like clay vessels, the same as I have received from my Father." Rev. 2:26,27. Indeed a wonderful privilege! This authority that anointed conquerors receive at their ressurection is a sharing with Jesus in yielding the "iron rod" of destruction against the rebellious nations at Armaggeddon. At best, the nuclear firepower of those nations will sputter like a wet firecracher when Christ dashes his enemies to pieces as he would vessels of clay.

My God, haven't they ever heard of symbolism! Geez, Jesus is the prince of peace.

Is. 11:4 NWT And he must strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the spirit of his lips he will put the wicked one to death..

Doesn't sound like piles of bloody dead bodies here. But rather, a war of words..

• rebel8
    rebel8

I don't know about helterskelter........but I did create a brochure comparing JWs to more recent death cults. Here's a link.

If I do say so myself, I think it's an effective tool to encourage ppl to stay away from the cult. It's hard to read the quotes and look at the pics and not think they're out of their minds.

Brochure: Are JWs Rational? A discussion of the bizarre JW teachings about Armageddon, including the consumption of the carcasses of unbelievers by wild animals. Compares these to other destructive groups in history. Contains a long list of WT literature citations. 4-page foldable color brochure suitable for printing on 2 sides of 8.5" x 11" paper

• heathen
    heathen

Charles manson tried to start a race war when they murdered sharon tate and her unborn child . What a horrible thing to do . That is one of the most hideous crimes I've ever heard of . J-dubs are just biding their time waiting and suffering until they are delivered .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit