Wacko Ebay Witness

by Why Georgia 8 Replies latest social humour

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I was looking on ebay to find prices for what I should be selling our wonderful spritual food provided by Jehovah...I mean the going rate on this crap and came across this guy. Bleck!

http://stores.ebay.com/Watchtower-Treasure-Hunt

WELCOME TO YOUR NEW THEOCRATIC LIBRARY!!!!

Here you can find almost every historic publication, and build the library of your dreams!

If you collect old literature, this is the GREATEST store you will ever visit!!!

WHY ARE WE HERE? I am passionate about my theocratic library, and over the years I have found that this is true of most Witnesses. The problem is no one knows where to find the old stuff that?s missing from their collection. So I opened this store as a way for me to fill the holes in my library, and help you to find the really RARE stuff you thought you could never add to your collection as well!

WHAT DO WE SELL? We have the most extensive collection of theocratic items available anywhere. Books, booklets, magazines and brochures- if you are missing it in your collection, if you read about it in a Watchtower article or the Proclaimer?s book, if you saw one once in an old sister's home, and you want to own it too- this is the place to look.

WHAT WE DO NOT SELL: This is an apostate literature free zone. We don't buy it, we don't read it, we don't sell it- period. We also do NOT buy or sell any item that could be obtained from the Kingdom Hall literature counter, or any item that is considered current spiritual food, or any item that is still used in the ministry, still printed by the society, or still studied at the Kingdom hall or used in conducting home bible studies. We believe it is wrong to profit from the food provided by the faithful and discreet slave. This store includes ONLY old antique collectable items that are long since updated and out of print, like any other antique and collectables store.

COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL: We obey Caesar's laws. While we have reproduced some of the REALLY rare items from our personal collection and made them available for just pennies on the dollar, this is done in FULL compliance with all copyright laws. We will not reproduce anything illegally, and if it is brought to our attention that anything in this store is improperly copied, we will IMMEDIATELY remove it.

SO TAKE SOME TIME AND BROWSE! But remember, this inventory is CONSTANTLY changing, often on an hourly basis. If you find something you want, don?t wait because it will be gone! And since new items are added all the time, check back often so you don?t miss out on the real treasurers. Sign up for our mailing list and receive special promotions available only to subscribers!

Below are some categories you can look through, click on one to start or use the toolbar to the left. Be sure to look at them all- you won't believe what you?ll find!

• juni
    juni

Heh Georgia -

Why don't ya have some fun w/the nob??

Juni

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I'm confused because I thought they were encouraged to get rid of these things....

hmm...I also wonder if he is donating a portion of the money to the worldwide work.

Maybe I should ask him?

Chrystal

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

How odd... they don't carry the secret elders manual: Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock.

If anyone wants to read it, just Click Here.

This particular copy is very interesting in that it contains hand written notes by the Presiding Overseer who it belonged to. Check out page 74 where he wrote instructions from the Service Department about how the records of child molesters should be destroyed so they can be placed in positions of responsibility.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I'm confused because I thought they were encouraged to get rid of these things....

Are you sure he's not really one of us? By doing the "I'm not apostate" song and dance, he can lure Dubs to read things, in a way we can't. His reverence for old literature already shows he's crossed a line, as you point out. Is there a better way in the world of getting old literature into the hands of WItnesses than the way this guy is going about it?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

'Possession of' and 'reading/studying' said literature are not the same.

I took great pride in my collection but knew that the information was old light. Who had time to read any of that stuff anyway?? There was so much to do and read and study on my way to my nervous breakdown. Barely time to DUST the old books, let alone READ them.

But boy was I proud of that fine collection.

-Aude.

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

When I was at Bethel several Bethelites warned me of getting apostate views from reading the old publications(which I never did, I got those views from reading the new ones)... didn't they listen to themselves.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hey, some of the stuff on my bookshelf above this computer, is there offered for money!

We certainly could not "place them "very often in the old days.

BTW, every Kingdom is encouraged to have a library of older books. The one my wife attends has a very good library with a lot of stuff from Russell's day. They do not stop the flock from seeing those books, just tells them not to take what they say seriously.

• sir82
    sir82

My impression is, it's an "apostate" who wants to draw JWs into buying old literature. A "real" JW would more than likely avoid all such "old light" at any and all costs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit