Dark Chocolate recommendation

by doinmypart 25 Replies latest jw friends

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

I am supposed to be getting something called Cuban .This lady I work with is from Puerto Rico and told me she would get some for me .She said she likes to shave it off into warm milk and add American cheese to it . Not sure I want to try it but to be nice I will . Not sure if this choco is dark but I do like the dark you are talking about .

• ObservingTexan
    ObservingTexan

Pepper......5'-4" 36D-24-36 really dark......works at Silver City Men's Club... Dallas, Texas........OH! You were talking about "Candy"! She's a blonde. I don't think she will do though.

• blondie
    blondie

Lindt has good chocolate too and is probably more accessible locally.

If you can find some local shops that make their own, you may find a treasure.

Be prepared to pay more for good chocolate, Hershey's is okay in a pinch, but has a waxy taste.

Blondie

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Dagoba Organic Chocolate. We like the Latte bar - though that's milk chocolate - and the Mon Cherri - 72% cacao sprinkled with sun dried cherries and cranberries and a little vanilla to pull it all together.

Right now I have one of their Xocolatl (pronounced "shock-o-lattle") bars sitting in front of me, daring me to brave the dark chocolate, chili pepper and fragments of actual cacao beans.

<nibble> Well, there doesn't seem to be much cayenne in it. Oh, wait, there it is. It's not scorching but, you definitely want very small servings of that one. It'd be great with vanilla ice cream. <freezer-rummaging>

There's also, I kid you not, Endangered Species Chocolate; 10% of the proceeds are donated to protecting endangered animal species. I like the "Baby Zebra" bar (organic dark chocolate with tangerine essence), the Tiger bar (dark chocolate with crushed espresso beans), and the Gorilla bar (milk chocolate with pecan praline).

gently feral

• Simon
    Simon

I can recommend Green & Blacks as well. Delicious.

Probably easier to get but less ethical since they got took over though

• jgnat
    jgnat

I easily justify chocolate by cutting down the portion. Then the price doesn't mean so much. I'll take a single piece of good, dark chocolate over a box of the cheap stuff.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Everyone, thanks for the suggestions. I plan on trying everything mentioned.

It is funny how one's taste changes through the years. Several years ago when I first tried dark chocolate I couldn't stand the taste, but now I don't like certain milk chocolates. They're too sweet and taste waxy.

Again thanks for all the suggestions.

• luna2
    luna2

Hershey's is hardly even chocolate. I can't eat that junk at all any more. Good luck on your dark chocolate tasting quest.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You guys realize we like the sharper tastes because our "mature" taste buds wear down.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I prefer Mexican chocolate(s). Must be the cinnamon aspect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit