Are you at peace with God?

by JH 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Reminds me of one leitmotiv of St. Augustine's Confessions: Lord, you are everywhere, you are always within me, where am I when I am not with you?

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm at peace with Tod!

carmel

• myelaine
    myelaine

tell us about it carmel......spill your guts.

• Lehtiveli
    Lehtiveli

I'm in peace with myself, so I'm in peace with my God. Selfish? Maybe, but working better than when I was a JW.
    Back then I was sad all the time and I felt like I'm doing something wrong, when I was happy.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    I will at peace with god when he acts in a peaceful manner. 'Worship me or i'll kill you' does not smack of peace to me.

Oh absolutely. I totally agree.

I am definately NOT at peace with god. I have too many questions he wont give me a straight answer to, like why did he make the human body with the physical capacity for bearing babies at the age of 12 or even 11, and not the mental and emotional capacity for another 15 years. I think that is a GLARING design flaw.

Like why was Solomon allowed to shag 1000 women and still get the old thumbs up from god? In my opinion a man requiring that much nooky has a mental illness of some sort.

Like why did he make man the boss of the world, when (in my opinion, in general) they are emotionally weaker, they are super charged with testosterone that makes them war mongers and destroyers, they fall to pieces when they are old and their wife dies in a way that old ladies DONT fall to pieces.

Oh, I have a LOT of bones to pick with my creator, and I wont be at peace with him until he makes some attempt to explain things to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit