Scientology article

by Oroborus21 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

This is an interesting article from Rolling Stone about Scientology:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/9363363/inside_scientology

When asked what, if anything, posted by the apostates is true, Mike Rinder, the fifty-year-old director of the Church of Scientology International's legal and public-relations wing, known as the Office of Special Affairs, says bluntly, "It's all bullshit, pretty much."
    -Eduardo
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi Oro,

That comment sounds like what a JW says about apostates.

In fact the majority of the article sounds like it could be applied to JWs. Don't tell me you are starting to realise there is no difference being a Mormon, Scientologist, JW, or any other high control group?

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Another interesting paragraph of the article...

Excommunication is nothing new in organized religion. A number of sects have similar policies to Scientology's: the Amish, the Mormon Fundamentalists, the Jehovah's Witnesses. All have a rationale. Scientology's rationale is very simple: "We are protecting the good of the religion and all the parishioners," says Rinder.
  • jschwehm
    jschwehm

I did a recent interview on my podcast with an internationally known cult interventionist. Her name is Mary Alice Chrnalogar. (She has experience with the Church of Scientology by the way and they are really mean to say the least.) It was amazing the similarities in style when it came to manipulation no matter what the religious group. You might find the interview rather interesting.

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit