Jesus' Chromosones

by PopeOfEruke 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

All the ads for Da Vinci code and Opus Dei whatever got me thinking about the whole Jesus-Mary thing, and what genes Jesus had.

How was Mary impregnated anyhow? The WT teaches that The big J turned Jesus (or Michael??) into a sperm, then intergalactically transported him into Mary's vagina? (That gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Beam me up, Scotty".)

So here is my first problem. A sperm contains only 23 chromosones, so its HALF a person. Which half of Jesus was left out? And where did this half remain - in heaven or where?

So next, half-Jesus had to swim like hell all on his own to reach Mary's egg, where his 23 chromosones merged with the virgin Mary's 23 chromosones and voila! Human Jesus with 46 chromosones per cell was made.

I remember the WT once saying that all of the imperfections in Mary's 23 chromosones were wiped out by this conception process..but what about the genes from Mary? These must form part of Jesus' DNA or otherwise he could not be called a "human", his ransom would be worthless if he was just a materialized spirit. So what behaviour did this creature inherit from his human mother" His looks? His feelings? How could he be the same creature that lived in heaven?

So as Jesus matured, his sexual organs also must have matured. Did he masturbate as a teenager? Did he have wet dreams? If was a perfect human he must have at least had nocturnal emissions I would say. That's NORMAL according to Gods own mouthpiece the Watchtower.....did he ever think about getting married? Did the pretty Jewish girls ever turn him on? If NOT how then can we trust him to be our savior if he never experinced the normal things all of us humans do?

Then when he died, he was resurrected, I guess the missing half of his chromosones were mixed back together and he became his old self once again.

Sorry to say but this whole Jesus story is so nonsensical to me - fair enough, there may once have been someone called Jesus in my opinion was obviously just a Jewish rebel leader and all the Son of God stuff was made up long after his death.

Pope

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Hi Pope, I think you're right on track!

IC

• Carmel
    Carmel

The pope is indeed, infallable!

carmel

Let's hear it for diploidy!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Sorry to say but this whole Jesus story is so nonsensical to me

Actually, it may be more fitting to be "sorry" for seeing the story as non-nonsensical.

The foundational idea of a god-deity is crude and menial. Is it surprising that what springs forth from that seems foolish? I mean a god person separate from us, is simply a character forged from the scrap-mental of the mind. What is real and significant must be closer than that and very much present and alive.....or what good is it?

j

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

It's seems a special trait of the JW's and others like Christian Scientists which try to give a scientific spin to what are in effect fairy stories. It would be better if they just said "Look..it's magic, there is no rational explanation" rather than trying to come up with pseudo-scientific nonsense like Mary's chromosnal aberrations, her "sin genes", were wiped out by the super-sperm of Jesus.

Pope

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i started reading the DVC today ... here are some interesting excerpts. If interested pm me.

------------

"Moreover, Jesus as a married man makes infinitely more sense than our standard biblical view of Jesus as a bachelor."
    "Why?" Sophie asked.
    "Because Jesus was a Jew," Langdon said, taking over while Teabing searched for his book, "and the social decorum during that time virtually forbid a Jewish man to be unmarried. According to Jewish custom, celibacy was condemned, and the obligation for a Jewish father was to find a suitable wife for his son. If Jesus were not married, at least one of the Bible’s gospels would have mentioned it and offered some explanation for His unnatural state of bachelorhood."

"These are photocopies of the Nag Hammadi and Dead Sea scrolls, which I mentioned earlier," Teabing said. "The earliest Christian records. Troublingly, they do not match up with the gospels in the Bible." Flipping toward the middle of the book, Teabing pointed to a passage. "The Gospel of Philip is always a good place to start." Sophie read the passage:
    And the companion of the Saviour is Mary Magdalene. Christ loved her more than all the disciples and used to kiss her often on her mouth. The rest of the disciples were offended by it and expressed disapproval. They said to him, "Why do you love her more than all of us?"

And the companion of the Saviour is Mary Magdalene. Christ loved her more than all the disciples and used to kiss her often on her mouth. The rest of the disciples were offended by it and expressed disapproval. They said to him, "Why do you love her more than all of us?"

"Au contraire."

Teabing smiled, pointing to the first line. "As any Aramaic scholar will tell you, the word companion, in those days, literally meant spouse."
  • Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hey there.

I think Jesus was in the fallen flesh..like the rest of us.. otherwise he couldn't be tempted in every way like ourselves..and also he would stand out as really different..wouldn't even show any signs of aging.. I also think that to be true to his promise to Abraham, about the seed coming from his family line, that Jesus had the genes of both Joseph and Mary. Otherwise the scriptures wouldn't have shown the genetic family line of both mother and father, and God's promise to Abraham wouldn't have been kept. Also Jesus would have had to resemble both mother and father, to fit in the family and for Joseph to feel complete love for his son. The soul of Jesus could have been put in the fertilized egg. God could do anything.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How about this (for the fun of it)....

God took one of Mary's stem cells (in effect, cloning her), and with the mighty power of the Holy Spirit, caused it to divide and masculinized the embryo...resulting in a bouncing baby boy...:)

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Leolaia

thats crazy!!!

Hey I heard about a scientist who created a human clone, but after a few weeks the clone started becoming very abusive, using filthy language, swearing, doing sexual acts in public, really terrible. It got so bad that the scientist ended up pushing him out of a 5th story window after a particulary bad episode.

The police charged the scientist with making an obscene clone fall.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Star Moore

do you think that Josephs sperm got mixed into it somehow too? That's a different postion for sure!

But you are right in a way - because with out the sperm of Joseph Jesus had no bloodline link to Josephs half of the family.

What a mix! What happened to the personality of the fertilized egg before God overwrote it with Jesus' personality? I guess that one was aborted?

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit